• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD!!: 2012 Suzuki TU250x- For Sale again

JRW69

Reaction score
Wanting to move to another bike but promised I would lose one before getting another. This is my daily commuter and run around bike, so it hardly ever sits for more than a day. Currently has just under 8400 miles and will continue to go up. I need $3k for it, and yes the bank has the title and that is the payoff.

If your a new rider or your wife may be interested in getting into riding, then this is just about as good as gets. Awesome commuter, run around bike. Since I've owned it, I have never been below 62mpg. Fuel injected so she fires right up and ready to go. I have done pie runs as far as Hico and tons of hill country rides. If not needing to go 80mph and the enjoyment of just having a blast to ride, then she'll do that easily. Gas, chain clean ever so often, and oil and filters it about all the maintenance you have to deal with.

Plates are DV so they will stay with me so that would need to be done. Both tires are great and still have some fringe nobbies on them. I have an extra tire for the rear that is one size up and only has about 150 miles on it. I also have a custom made rack that is Line-X'd covered that bolts right to the back while still being able to use the pillion seat. Only mods done where foam grip puppies, and and I went went up to 16t front sprocket to "relax" her just a bit. If you want any other info or more photos, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Jay

Attachments

• CAM00125.jpg
    CAM00125.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 301
Re: FS: 2012 Suzuki TU250x

Jay, best of luck with your sale. I'm here to tell your new buyer how much of a wonderful bike the TU can be. I've got just over 9000 miles on mine and love every minute of it. I did change both sprockets and really enjoy puttin around town and on the highway when needed. They are such an easy fun bike to ride. A bike with no agenda. A person who rides the TU has nothing to prove and is out riding for the pure enjoyment, and that's what the TU offers...

best of luck in the sale.

Thanks Darmie for the reply. I think your last sentence sums it up perfectly. It's definitely more of a purists bike, but a whole hoot of fun at the same time.

I also wanted to chime in on what a great bike the TU250X is. Just the pure timeless essence of a motorcycle. Simple, clean lines, easy to maintain, bulletproof motor, great economy, super reliable, etc. I ride mine everywhere- it is my only vehicle. I'm about to roll over 18K on mine.

The only times (twice) that mine EVER hesitated to start INSTANTLY was when it was parked outdoors in icy temperatures below 20 degrees. :rider:

The TU is totally freeway capable as long as you don't mind having to plan ahead. You're not gonna be able to twist the throttle and scoot past cars easily at freeway speed... But it can definitely handle the freeway. I do it all the time.

GLWS!

Have you decided what to replace it with Jay?

The little Suzuki is a great bike. I remember ridding a small KE 100 all over the place when I was younger. KP

Well said Jamie! I don't why, since usually she loves warm weather, but this morning I hit an indicated 88mph. I have the larger front tire so the speed is dead on. I was amazed, yes I was tucked, but she was just going!

Drew, I'm about 99% sure I will be getting a V-Strom DL1000. We plan on doing some two up riding now and as you know I need a pie run/meet and greet/ and camp out ride, so that will fit the bill nicely for all of that while still being a good everyday commuter. Just going to add the Kouba Links to get me a bit lower.

Well said Jamie! I don't why, since usually she loves warm weather, but this morning I hit an indicated 88mph. I have the larger front tire so the speed is dead on. I was amazed, yes I was tucked, but she was just going!

Drew, I'm about 99% sure I will be getting a V-Strom DL1000. We plan on doing some two up riding now and as you know I need a pie run/meet and greet/ and camp out ride, so that will fit the bill nicely for all of that while still being a good everyday commuter. Just going to add the Kouba Links to get me a bit lower.

I sat on one of the 1000 and I could touch but not flat footed. A lower seat or lowering link might help. KP

Okay, was asked to post more pics so here they are. I bit rainy and drizzly this morning so just kept her in the garage. Yes, I know she is dirty, but at least you know she's used not just sitting in the garage!

Attachments

• CAM00182.jpg
    CAM00182.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 160
  • CAM00180.jpg
    CAM00180.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 164
  • CAM00181.jpg
    CAM00181.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 167
  • CAM00176.jpg
    CAM00176.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 187
  • CAM00174.jpg
    CAM00174.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 213

A few more to show the tire tread is in good condition. Forgot to mention in the earlier ad that the inspection is good until 8/14.

Attachments

• CAM00175.jpg
    CAM00175.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 134
  • CAM00178.jpg
    CAM00178.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 136
  • CAM00179.jpg
    CAM00179.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 145
  • CAM00183.jpg
    CAM00183.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 149

Okay, was asked to post more pics so here they are. I bit rainy and drizzly this morning so just kept her in the garage. Yes, I know she is dirty, but at least you know she's used not just sitting in the garage!

What is that red thing in the background?

Re: FS: 2012 Suzuki TU250x- Price Lowered!

Nice! Ever have a reason to be up near Abilene? What does "plates are DV" mean?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, after living there 18yrs I figured I had paid my dues. J/K not really, no family there any more. But for someone who is really serious about it I might be willing to meet somewhere between here and there. I'm a disabled vet, so they are DV license plates which stay with me and go from bike to bike. Although the norm now is most sellers keep the plates, it makes for a more safe overall transaction for the seller. All it means it that you will HAVE to get a new set of plates for it.

Thanks for the clarification on the plates.

If you lived here 18yrs you did pay your dues haha... Actually, my wife & I like it much more (second stint here) than when we moved away (20yrs ago).

Well, it would just be an impulse purchase for me so I'm pretty lazy about traveling. I've pretty much lost a day of my life traveling to get each of my wife & I's bikes (4 times now) so I'm in a funk about doing it anymore haha.

I'll PM you if I change my mind.

Thanks,
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like an extremely clean bike at a nice price! If I were a smaller fella I'd more than likely go for it since you're just up the road.. GLWS!

Thanks! I rode with a guy from Austin a few weeks ago and he was on a 2011 and was 6'4" 245 and he was riding just fine!

If there's one thing Willem Dafoe does well... creepy.

Eventually my wife will get her license, a bike and start riding with me. Something like this would be perfect. Alas it won't be until later this year at the earliest. GLWS.

Back