• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

Hey Scott. Knew you when you were on the TexCycle Yahoo group and you started this forum. Well done.

I quit riding for a while but still have not come to my senses. Have you considered Google Ad Sense for forums? With all the traffic you have I think you would be awash in money, and the advertising does not have to be annoying. In fact it is very on point, helpful and most people won't even notice it. I even use adsense on my tiny, neglected website, Best-Motorcycle.com and do well enough to get 1099s from Google.

Congratulations on a great forum.

Hey Scott. Knew you when you were on the TexCycle Yahoo group and you started this forum. Well done.

I quit riding for a while but still have not come to my senses. Have you considered Google Ad Sense for forums? With all the traffic you have I think you would be awash in money, and the advertising does not have to be annoying. In fact it is very on point, helpful and most people won't even notice it. I even use adsense on my tiny, neglected website, Best-Motorcycle.com and do well enough to get 1099s from Google.

Congratulations on a great forum.

Hey Mac,

Yeah. I have thought about it. I guess for me I just don't like the look. I've seen it introduced on other forums and I just don't care for it. I know it might make me more money, but I'd rather focus on the look of the site. I have thought about doing the Amazon affiliate thing where I get a percentage of the sales when people buy stuff after linking to Amazon from here. I just haven't gotten serious about it.

Hey Mac,

Yeah. I have thought about it. I guess for me I just don't like the look. I've seen it introduced on other forums and I just don't care for it. I know it might make me more money, but I'd rather focus on the look of the site. I have thought about doing the Amazon affiliate thing where I get a percentage of the sales when people buy stuff after linking to Amazon from here. I just haven't gotten serious about it.

I would do the amazon thing since I buy 80% of everything I own through them. Ad sense however I hate. The annoying pop up boxes and so forth make me cringe every time I mouse over them by mistake. Thank you for not implementing ad sense. Get serious though on the amz thing. I spend about 50 to 100 a month through them without blinking.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

...Ad sense however I hate. The annoying pop up boxes and so forth make me cringe...

The annoying pop up boxes to which you refer are Google Ad Words. I do not like them, either.

Google Ad Sense is the ads you see in the margins, headers or footers of web sites. They are no more obtrusive than the banner ads Scott is already using. Or maybe you hadn't noticed.

Here is a forum that uses Google Ad Choice, a variation of ad sense that displays the ad based on the type of web site you are viewing rather than the content of the page. Can you find the ad? (It's at the very top.) Reportedly, this forum makes $10,000 a month.

Did you notice the ad choice ad on that last link? They are on many web pages you view, but probably never notice them. But sometimes they can be relevant and helpful. If you have a web site, it's really nice to get a check every month, too.

The annoying pop up boxes to which you refer are Google Ad Words. I do not like them, either.

Google Ad Sense is the ads you see in the margins, headers or footers of web sites. They are no more obtrusive than the banner ads Scott is already using. Or maybe you hadn't noticed.

Here is a forum that uses Google Ad Choice, a variation of ad sense that displays the ad based on the type of web site you are viewing rather than the content of the page. Can you find the ad? (It's at the very top.) Reportedly, this forum makes $10,000 a month.

Did you notice the ad choice ad on that last link? They are on many web pages you view, but probably never notice them. But sometimes they can be relevant and helpful. If you have a web site, it's really nice to get a check every month, too.

Oh cool didn't know that. I get the two crossed up and thought they were one in the same. I don't mind the banner unless they start talking.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hi
I am back after a real long time and saw this post for donations. If I refresh your memory, I promote Gaurav Jani's movies in US "Riding Solo" and "One Crazy Ride". If you let me sell these DVDs on the forum I'd commit $2 for every DVD sold.

By the way Gaurav is going to be in town from India on May 24th and we shall be screening OCR.

Thanks

Jag

Hi
I am back after a real long time and saw this post for donations. If I refresh your memory, I promote Gaurav Jani's movies in US "Riding Solo" and "One Crazy Ride". If you let me sell these DVDs on the forum I'd commit $2 for every DVD sold.

By the way Gaurav is going to be in town from India on May 24th and we shall be screening OCR.

Thanks

Jag

If you like, you can start a thread in the Vendor Forum. There is no charge. Of course, any donations to TWT would be very much appreciated.

Brand new to the site and donating already! Impressive.

Thank you.. I support what I enjoy and I make my living in this industry, so it is a win win situation... :-)

Besides, if my young brother thinks enough of the board to be a paid sponsor, my donation is well spent...:zen:

I checked my records and found that I have not been a 'supporting' member so I fired off a pay pal to the tourmeister tonight (he accosted me at a Whataburger in Huntsville today so I felt guilty!)

:lol2:

It was good to see you Russ. Hope you had a good ride home. Thanks for the donation!

I just found this forum this month when poking around the internets.

Sold my bike on the forum- donated- thanks!

Timbercat,
you hit the Nail on the sensitive head! Just paid my dues....
joost

Done..I am a financial supporter...well worth the minimal cost!

Please tell me $62.16 for April is just something wonky with the monthly auto calculator thing. :(

It is not automatic. I just haven't been keeping to my regular schedule lately and just haven't sat down to put the time in to update it. April was about average I think.

Back