• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Adventure Rider in Katy

Mondo

Reaction score
Greetings Two Wheeled Texans!

I've been riding motorcycles for the last twenty years however most of that time was spent on the tarmac. I started riding dual sport about two years ago and there is no going back. I'm surprised it took me so long to discover the joys of off road motorcycling. I've always had an affinity for the beauty and solitude that can only be found "away from it all". I have been doing off road 4x4 trips for as long as I can remember (jeeps and FJs) but everything really came together for me with an impulsive KLR650 purchase and adventure riding is my new happy place.

I've only been in Texas for three years and admittedly most of my favorite rides have been on longer trips out of the state (Utah, Colorado, etc.). I love packing the bike with camping gear and hitting the road, camping in primitive locations and exploring. I'm anxious to tap into the knowledge of this group to uncover more of what Texas has to offer and perhaps see some good tracks south of the border!

I'm happy to have discovered this site and I'm really looking forward to meeting some folks in the area to ride with.

Eric

IMG_4005.jpg

Mondo, glad your here. There will be a lot here for you. You already have two of the best things ever, being in Texas and on a KLR!

Yep, welcome to the site. I progressed the other direction, dual sport to street, but dirt roads and back roads are still my priority.

:welcome: & enjoy! Do my eyes deceive me or is that Big Bend in your picture?

Thank you all so much for the kind welcome!

Julimike-your eyes do not deceive, Big Bend it is, La Harmonia at the west end of River Road. I took my first trip out there in March and loved it.

Kickstand Prophet-Thanks for the dual sport meet up thread! I'll have to connect with that group in the near future!

Ceddec-Katy bike night, sounds interesting and convenient! I'll be on the lookout for a revival.

Eric, a few of us will be at Roberto's tonight for Katy Bike Night. If you are available, come on by. Otherwise, keep a watch in the future for one of our sporadic get togethers.

Welcome to the site!
Lots of people here like to pack up and head out exploring for a while.

Take a look at the Roll the Bones rally thread in the upcoming rides section.

Welcome! Come out and join us tonight at Hubcap Grill in the Heights 7pm (Some are getting there earlier).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back