• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another new guy

NWKLR

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just another biker looking for places to go and people to meet. Wife says I'm too old to do this stuff NOT!
Been riding for 40 years on and off and just love my knees in the breeze. Been a cruiser rider for several years, 05 Yamaha Royal Star Deluxe, and last year decided I needed a little more pep in my step and treated myself to a new Yamaha FJR 1300. Man its good to be on something that actually handles like a bike should. Recently traded the old Yamaha for an 07 Kawasaki KLR650 that I'm setting up for some adventure riding. Still have yet to put any real time on the bike since I'm extremely picky on condition and dependability so had to do several fixes/upgrades before I will feel comfortable enough to see what it will do. Its almost ready and its actually getting cool enough to enjoy the riding.
Anybody in the far North Fort Worth area (Decatur) want to find some dirt give me a shout.
Gordo,

Attachments

• bikes.JPG
    bikes.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 170
Welcome to TWT Gordo. You will find one or two other KLR riders here not a very popular model. Seriously maybe the TWT favorite. Many riders have owned or are thinking of one it seems. Kinda the swiss army knife of bikes. Every TWT gathering seems to have them in pictures.

I was looking for a thread for rides up that way but have not been able to find it yet. Go to the forum are and look at upcoming rides for ideas. KP

Welcome to the site! Lots of really great folks around here! I'm south of the plex in Cedar Hill, but still not too far away.

:welcome: & enjoy!

KP there are no roads up that way :)

Hi All,
Just another biker looking for places to go and people to meet.

Welcome to the site. There are plenty of folks here that have the same addiction.

Recently traded the old Yamaha for an 07 Kawasaki KLR650 that I'm setting up for some adventure riding. Still have yet to put any real time on the bike since I'm extremely picky on condition and dependability so had to do several fixes/upgrades before I will feel comfortable enough to see what it will do. Its almost ready and its actually getting cool enough to enjoy the riding.

I ran across a fellow in Montana last month, riding a nicely equipped KLR loaded down with gear and heading to the Arctic Circle by himself. He said it was his graduation present to himself after 40 years of work...

Welcome to TWT NWKLR! Not much dirt left in WC, but lot's of fun paved county roads. Watch for Slacker rides on the forum. Breakfast rides are about all I'm doing til it cools off:giveup: I'll try to remember to PM ya when we have a group ride planned.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys, Hope I can get to meet up with some of you guys at an event. I’ll keep checking the forums for happenings near me and make the ones that I can. If there is no dirt involved I will most certainly be on the FJR and not the KLR. Previous owner put a rather aggressive knobby tire on the rear of the KLR and its just not too pavement friendly at all.
Thanks all

Check out gravelmap.com I have a feeling there should be some good riding up near Muenster. I intend to make my way up there once I build a bit more confidence (new rider).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out gravelmap.com I have a feeling there should be some good riding up near Muenster. I intend to make my way up there once I build a bit more confidence (new rider).

I'll have to check that out. Lots of great roads up this way all around Decatur to St, Jo, Munster and North. I have enjoyed many miles on my FJR but the only dirt I can find is in the LBJ Grasslands good roads to get comfortable on but no way can you venture off the designated roads and you have to be very careful and mindful of all the Equestrian activity up there.

Back