• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Intro

Reaction score
Howdy...
I'm a long time rider, been members on a couple of forums, have changed bikes, and needed some folks to hang out with, at least virtually. My current rides are an 08 Bandit 1250 and an 03 Aprilia Tuono. Both modified lightly, mostly suspension upgrades and different exhausts. The Tuono is mostly for farting around on, track days, etc., though I have taken a few longer trips on it. The Bandit is relatively new to me, still learning and tweaking. Still needs a seat upgrade, and a few other goodies. I live in Colorado have been in most of the western states looking for twisty roads, including some time down in TX on the Three Sisters (Three Threes?). Looking forward to making your acquaintances... The pic is the Bandit and the wife's Street Triple.
H

Attachments

• 20160724_153359-1.jpg
    20160724_153359-1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 156
Welcome from the Southwest contingent.

You'll find that most of us LOVE riding in Colorado, both road and off-road.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

:tab I bought my first Beemer near you at the Loveland dealer, an 02 BMW R1150GS. My very first ride was up to Ft. Collins to a friend's home, then out of town up into the mountains to Estes Park, followed by a run down the Peak to Peak Highway. It was a spectacular March day, not a cloud in the skies, warm enough for a mesh jacket even though lakes/ponds were still frozen, and miles upon miles of superb twisty roads with not a soul on them... except for one CHP behind some trees... that was feeling generous :-P I've been back through there several times since and really like the area, in the summer ;-)

I hadn't noticed at first that you're in Ft Collins. I own a house in Centennial; when family circumstances allow, my wife & I will be moving there permanently.

So has the snow flying up there yet?

Welcome.
Love Colorado roads, not the cold weather.
:)

Reply to the query about snow... It's dry as a popcorn fart up here. Just got cold though. Indian Summer just ended.

Thanks for the friendly welcome, always seem to get it from fellow motorcyclists.

H

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I suspect you came for the Bandit thread, but hopefully, you can stay for the rest of the banter. Man ... one of my favorite rides is up through St. Vrain Canyon, when you can get there with no traffic. Home is Colorado for me, but Cheez, two of my kids were born Livermore, California. We have no trouble finding them, because they glow at night.

Stick around, good people here!

Back