• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old schooled rider here

Reaction score
66 yrs old been riding since 1964 mostly BMW'S as I had arould 300k on them been to every state except Hawaii on 2 wheels camped on all my trips.But have owned BSA'S TRIUMPH'S 4 HARLEYS and quite a few Japanese machines and as i'm older now I am riding a Suzuki bandit 1250 and it feels like a bicycle to the FJR 1300 I parted ways with.LOVE ANY MOTORCYCLE THERE IS AS LONG AS IT'S A MOTORCYCLE!!!!If you wanna talk motorcycles i'm your man no matter what you ride!!! Never to old to learn a thing or to. LIVED IN AVELLA PA all my life.40 miles south of Pittsburg Pa
DEAN SHALVIS

Last edited:
Welcome to TWT . We are freezing right now . Doesn't happen very often though :clap:

Dean welcome. I am a year older than you. Bunch of young and old timers on TWT. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks GUYS AND GALS and I know this is gonna be a great site to spend my wintery times here sitting in my lazy boy counting the days till spring!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome Dean from the Southwest contingent. High today will be 74. :clap:

You may also want to take a look at http://www.motorcyclistcafe.com/

I'ts based back east (TN) and we're all about your age and older; many have been riding about as long as you have, and share similar brand interests. The forum owner's name is also Dean.

Back