• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pic from yesterday, good times.

31317904_10213700247393911_7668111559465369600_n.jpg

Looks like a good time hopefully I can try to make it out next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello to everyone, I have just joined TWT, I also live between Midlothian and Waxahachie, I bought an AT but haven’t found any place to ride it, I would appreciate any tips on where to go. My ultimate goal is to take it to the mountains in Colorado but I need some practice 1st thanks for any suggestions.

Hi, Waldo. Welcome to TWT. You might want to start a new thread where you can give us some background on your riding experience, and a little more about what type of riding you're interested in. You've certainly come to the right place.

Yeah Waldo, post up an introduction. I went over there after Tim posted and was wondering, Where's Waldo. :rofl: Sorry, I know it was low hanging fruit. I have knowledge of what you're looking for.

I've also had a few crashes. Most of them really minor like tipping over in a parking lot or stalling it on the manual bikes.

That DTC is worth its weight in GOLD, ain't it? :thumb::thumb:

That's all pretty scary. Glad she's feeling better. And I think that's the only way to play it; to assume that you both have the virus

Howdy, new guy checking in from Waxahachie. Technically, I live closer to Maypearl, but the address says Waxahachie. Lots of nice back roads for riding in this area.

I've owned and raced modified jetskis for 15 years or so. The last 5 years I've ridden bicycles on the road for 19,000+ miles all over Texas plus a few trips to ride in Oklahoma, Massachusetts and Maine as well. I've done several self-supported trips where a buddy and I would strap panniers to the bicycles and ride from town to town for a few hundred miles.

On those trips I would see other guys on what I learned were called "Adventure motorcycles" doing the same thing we were doing, only going farther and sweating a lot less. So after fighting the itch for several years, I finally broke down and bought a 2016 Honda Africa Twin last week and I'm jumping into motorcycle riding for the first time in my life. I've already got 600 miles on it since I bought and ready for the first service.

I was in the process of selling my kayaks to make room in the garage for my new bike and the guy I sold one of the kayaks told me about this site and that I should check it out. So here I am. Looking forward to getting in on some group rides with y'all when the moons align.

If you ever need someone to show you the backroads in the Maypearl area, I can certainly help out. I've been riding and/or driving them every week for the last 10 years via truck, bicycle and now motorcycle.
Jarrett,

I am a new member from Lewisville TX and I just logged on for the first time today. Hello!! I also just bought an AT a couple of months ago and have put only a couple of hundred miles on it but ready to ride allot more. I have ridden motorcycles since I was a little kid and have had many over the years. I recently sold my boat and bought a 2017 African Twin and a 2003 VTX 1800 that I am going through right now.

I would love to check out some trails in that area. I have a couple up this way, one I really like is going up to Illinois bend, it is on the Red River TX/OK border. Kind of a motorcycle attraction. Let me know if you would like to ride some time. I am thinking about taking a ride this weekend if the rain will ever stop. I am Danny from Lewisville. Thx,

Back