• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Rider in Southwest Austin-Hola

Reaction score
Checking in- saying hi.

I'm a novice rider who just got a 2017 Scout Sixty. I live in Southwest Austin. Gently getting the hang of the Scout. A bit more powerful than what I've ridden but it's definitely responsive and confidence boosting (in a good way not stupid crap way).

I like this forum so far. Poking around it in. I work at the same site as rhodyne and he told me to check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Fumbles, glad you could make it to the site.
Sorry I didn't chime in earlier but, as you can see, I'm not on here all the time .. unlike a few that shall remain nameless. Right KP? :trust:

Your Indian has some pretty lines. If I were to go with a cruiser-type bike, I believe I could do that one.

Remember, if you are looking for rides, there are monthly Pie Runs on the last Saturday and the Meet n Greet n Eat with a Side of Ride on the second Sunday normally. You've also got the Austin meet and greet on Thursdays.
Then there's the one-off's like Ron's Fish Fry or Ghost's Beat the Heat Camp. Or even 'slacker' rides whenever someone feels up to it.
But if you have the chance, and feel like putting a few miles on, go on a ride with Mr2mch the tie-died Texan. He seems to know every little road in Texas and can tie them together in some fun rides.

Find something that interests you and go there. :rider: You won't find a nicer group to ride and/or hang with.

Welcome come ride with us.:rider: Are you thinking of doing any motorcycle camping? Not sure who that guy from Granger is talking about?:lol2:

I might be down for some camping when the weather is nicer and my team hires more folks

We try to camp Saturday nights and grab some grub Sunday lunch with other riders of TWT. Camping give folks way more time to get to know one another and maybe find a new riding buddy.:rider:

Back