• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lurker from Boerne

TVgod

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for about a year and half. When I decided to fully embrace my mid-life crisis and start riding I started reading all types of forums to decide what to ride and how to go about it. This site was the best. I really learned a bunch about riding techniques and bikes. I took the MSF class in the spring of '07. Got my license and started out riding a Buell Blast for about a year. High sided it once on a curve I took to timidly but was able get back on and ride it home. Terrific learning bike but had a hard time hauling me and the spare calories attached to my body up the hills in the hill country at speed. After much research I bought a '93 Nighthawk 750 in spring '08. What a great bike! I've put more miles on it in 6 months than an entire year with the Blast.:rider: I ride with a couple of good groups in San Antonio. Looking forward to many years of riding and hopefully doing some tourning once the kids get thourgh college and I can afford a bike a little more suited for it.:sun:

Randy

:welcome: nice to have you here!

Why not meet some of us now? C'mon down to the year-end pie run in College Station on the 27th!
Ride safe & have fun!
:rider:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

My first bike was a red 92 Nighthawk 750. It doesn't take much to make that a decent touring bike. I added a little windscreen that sat just above the headlight. I can't recall the brand though :doh: Here's a pic:

hawk5.JPG

It worked great. I also added a Corbin seat. It was pricey, but well worth it!

Tourmaster has some nice Cortech saddle bags and tail bag systems that work great for a bike like the Nighthawk. They are not real expensive, hold a lot, and are good for all kinds of weather. All you have to do is lube the chain and go!

Thanks for the welcomes. I have started upgrades to make it a short distance tourer. I've added a windshield that may be the same one you have.

Can't make the Pie Run. Still doing holiday stuff that weekend.

Attachments

• nighthawkbeautyshot.jpg
    nighthawkbeautyshot.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Who do you ride with in SA? Any of the Bandera Breakfast crowd?

I'm near Helotes, and we go to Boerne all the time...

Cheers! M2

Welcome! I live 3 miles from the west end of Hwy 16. Would love to ride with you. There is a ride this Saturday, see [San Antonio] Old School Road 12/20. Bill

by the way... was wondering if the correct pronounciation is "burn" or "burnEE".

Welcome, I was in Boerne today have a couple of customers
out that way. Come on a ride sometime

Looking forward to many years of riding and hopefully doing some tourning once the kids get thourgh college and I can afford a bike a little more suited for it.:sun:

Randy

Your bike has a motor and it rolls - you're golden.

Nobody here cares what type of bike you ride unless you do. IFKWIM.

:welcome:

Thanks for all the welcomes. :sun: I always look forward to riding when I can.:rider:

Who do you ride with in SA? Any of the Bandera Breakfast crowd?

I ride with SA Beginners on Bikes and Alamo City Motorcycle Riders. These are groups through Meetup.com.

Welcome! I live 3 miles from the west end of Hwy 16. Would love to ride with you. There is a ride this Saturday, see [San Antonio] Old School Road 12/20. Bill

Thanks for the invite but I have to work.

by the way... was wondering if the correct pronounciation is "burn" or "burnEE".

Brr-Knee is the correct pronunciation.

Your bike has a motor and it rolls - you're golden.

Nobody here cares what type of bike you ride unless you do. IFKWIM.

:welcome:

I agree. I'd just love to see the country from a Goldwing or Victory Vision.

Watch out for the :welcome: sign, these people will take you in as long time buddies and then force you to ride to eat, then what will you do?

John

Hi Randy!!

And a belated welcome to TWT. :welcome:

We've ridden many a fine road together, and hope to do some more of the same out of here!
:rider: & :eat: It just doesn't get any better than that.

Back