• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Guten Tag von Lubbock

Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Ross
Beemerphile in Lubbock. I ride everyday rain or shine (no car). I have done about a dozen Iron Butt rides and still enjoy them, but my favorite thing is to ride to the mountains and camp.

2665818276_f91f2b9583.jpg

2709996245_62c78fa665.jpg

Nice website pics. Tell me about Trois Estate. What is it?

Dude, you rode away from your wedding 2-up? You got it bad! :rider:

Mike

You gonna come over here and stir up trouble now? :moon:

Where were you at breakfast yesterday? We had a big crowd a Damron's.

:welcome: from a beemer rider in Montgomery. Glad to have you here.
Ride safe & have fun!
:rider:

Willkommen aus Midland. Hoffentlich werden Sie TWT mit Gemütlichkeit finden.

:welcome:

Beemerphile in Lubbock.

:welcome:

Check out the 2009 Pie Run schedule - we have a slot for a place in Slaton.
But... You may be interested in some of the other places - it would mean longer rides! :rider: :eat: :rider:

You gonna come over here and stir up trouble now? :moon:

Where were you at breakfast yesterday? We had a big crowd a Damron's.

First of all..... I don't stir up trouble.

Second..... I was out riding my bike like the rest of you should be doing (you get a pass on that though..... for now).

Actually, I was in Albuquerque replacing the sprockets and chain on my father-in-laws Dakar. I was trying anyway. Turns out when he threw the chain he broke 2 of the 3 "fingers" on the rear sprocket carrier. So we are back to waiting on parts.

Nice website pics. Tell me about Trois Estate. What is it?

Dude, you rode away from your wedding 2-up? You got it bad! :rider:

Mike

Thanks for the nice welcome. I am looking forward to participating in ride to eats and pie runs with you guys. If I have the time I'll go anywhere for a good meal or slice of pie.

Trois Estates is a bed and breakfast just outside Fredericksburg, about a half mile from Enchanted Rock. My wife Kristin and I rode the RT there this past July. It was a great weekend. The dinner prepared for us there was FANTASTIC! I say prepared for us because they stagger the dinner reservations so you have the dining room and its view all to yourself. Info: www.troisestate.net

And yes, we got married in February and left on the bike! :rider:

2305449525_6244c68663_b.jpg

Welkommen (or whatever)..!
The combination of "Beemer" and "Lubbock" reminded me of one of my happiest Christmases, back in the late 80's. After a 'lapse' I had gotten back to riding with a 1982 BMW R650LS-- think I'm recalling the nomenclature correctly-- then found my dream bike online, in Lubbock: A BMW R100RT, red with custom "smoking" and gold pinstriping on the tank, fenders, and Krausers. Seller had decided to switch from motorcycles to antique cars (?). Flew over, picked up the RT, spent the next morning at the dealership (a Harley shop?!?) getting a little minor work done, then raced back to Houston via Hwy. 36, with a 'Norther' on my tail. :rider:
Thanks for the Lubbock Memories!

Back