• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New '09

brown

Reaction score
I finally traded in the 'Busa on an '09 KLR. This is my 24th motorcycle and I must say I like it as much as any of the others. However, bikes are like women in the fact the one you are currently riding is the best.

Let the farkling begin. I contacted the guys at Happy Trails and ordered the 9" Teton panniers w/ racks, along with the aluminum top case. All in black. Also ordred the engine skid plate and the nerf bars. Delivery should be 3rd or 4th week in January. Don't exactly know what takes so long, but looking forward to getting started.

As I am 5'9" w/ 30" inseam, I am currently tippy toeing around when stopped. I figured I would wait until I got the bike dress out, see how it sets and have a few more miles on it before I start the lowering. Still don't know if I will start with the suspension or the seat.

Attached are some pics. Isn't it a good looker?

Last edited:
Welcome to the site and congrats on the KLR! :clap:

Back