• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Waco!

zoocat

Reaction score
Hello, all! My name is Brad, and I'm brand-spanking new to cycling. My wife's family is full of two-wheeled addicts, though she herself has no interest. But, I've spent a lot of time with her dad and brother, and the fever is catching. I've always loved the idea, but just finally got the follow-through to get moving on it. So, about a month ago I took the BRC, got licensed, and bought myself a Suzuki C50. Even though I picked some pretty cold weeks to get started (or at least freezing days surrounded by 70+ days - gotta love TX weather!), I'm loving it! I'm riding the bike to work any day I can stand the cold (as long as it stays above 40 I'm ok), and taking some nice long wandering journeys around the Waco area as time allows on days off.

I just found this forum the other day, so I hope to meet some of you in the near future who live/ride in my neck of the woods, and I'm looking forward to getting to know the rest of you through the forums.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

-Brad

Welcome! There is a great group of local Waco/Temple/Killeen riders so make sure to check out upcoming events to meet up with them! Also don't miss out on the Pie Run events each month so you can meet up with riders from all over the state!

This is a great site with lots great folks. Welcome aboard.

Welcome and congrats on the new license and scoot.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

:welcome: to the site!

I'm just up the road from you in Glen Rose. :rider:

Hey Brad, welcome to the site. Myself and other Waco area riders meet each month on the third Thursday for kicking tires and telling lies at a local food establishment. We pick a different place each month. Check the Waco area of the upcoming events thread. We also from time to time make a weekend run to where ever. I look forward to riding with you.

Hey Brad, welcome to the club! I too own a C50. Keep an eye out for the Waco area meet & greets. It will be good to have another "cruiser" in the group.:rider:

Hello Brad!!

Being new to riding, PLEASE BE CAREFUL! But, have fun. Ride defensively.
BTW, where to do you work? Might we know any of your relatives?

h200fb -

I manage the McAlister's Deli on the north side of Waco just across the interstate from Baylor.

I doubt y'all would know any of the family. I actually hail from East Texas (Longview), and that is where my wife's family is from as well. She and I came here for Baylor, graduated, and just never left.

And no worries, I would say I'm too careful, but I'm not sure there's such a thing.

rangerdw -

I'm looking forward to meeting you and your ride, and getting some advice on accessories/customization. You say it's good to have another cruiser in the group, what do most of the forum junkies in our area ride?

rangerdw -

I'm looking forward to meeting you and your ride, and getting some advice on accessories/customization. You say it's good to have another cruiser in the group, what do most of the forum junkies in our area ride?[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

h2000fb -
what do most of the forum junkies in our area ride?

Everything - from Goldwings to scooters. All welcome, all are interesting, and I wish I could ride all of them!

Tom

Back