• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Newbie

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Rutledge
Joining this great group of riders. I have been riding off and on throughout the years. Mostly dirtbike racing when I was young(80cc). Street bikes later and when the kids were young I stopped riding for mainly time restraints. I just moved to the Austin area and the bike bug started nibbling when a buddy bought a bike. The bug bit hard in Feb. and I bought a DRZs 400. Absolutely love this bike, and figure there is plenty of great rides in the hill country around this area.

Welcome to the club, there are a few Dual sport rides that go on, some out east (Bastrop, etc) of Austin (check with Joel, Meriden and Rman237) then there are some west of Austin in the hill country and we occasionally have a ride at Hidden Valley or other dirt bike parks. You have a great bike for DS, and there are some great places to visit within an hour of Cedar Park.. I hope to move back to Austin in a few years, until then, make plenty of friends here on TWT, they are all great guys and gals..

Gary

Back