• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Spring break

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
March 8-15. If anybody wants to do a north of Houston dual sport ride , let's see what we can do.

Are you thinking big adv bike or smaller dual sport bike? If it's still too muddy this weekend here in the DFW area I might be interested in a ride with the emphasis on dirt on my drz.

I'm looking dirtroads type riding but probably on the big bike!

Sounds fun, but I think I'm going to find something more hardcore (singletrack). I've been tinkering with my new-to-me DRZ for the last couple of weeks but haven't been able to take it anywhere yet! If everything north of Waco is still muddy next weekend (3/14-15) I'm going to try somewhere further south; Austin area maybe?

Bring it on down to SHNF, I can give you all the single track you want.

Bring it on down to SHNF, I can give you all the single track you want.

I would like to do that. I've never been there. Any chance it will be rideable Wednesday or Thursday after the rain that's hitting today and tomorrow? What's the soil like?

Generally sandy, won't be sandy this week. If forecast is right, Weds is out. Thurs woyld be iffy. They make the call.

Exploring today

Attachments

• Facebook-20150315-063901.jpg
    Facebook-20150315-063901.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Facebook-20150315-063925.jpg
    Facebook-20150315-063925.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 166
old bridge

Attachments

• Facebook-20150315-063937.jpg
    Facebook-20150315-063937.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 166
I'm not ready for mud yet. I need to get a crash bar and better off road tires specially if it's going to be muddy. I'm proud what I did last weekend considering my experience but still scratched a little bit the fairing because of the tires and a little bit my hooligan side :rofl:.

Back