• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

REGISTER NOW! POSSUM TROT ADV RALLY and CHALLENGE, April 24-26, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to find possum hollow on the msp snd I csnt seem to locate it. Could someone tell me the road it is off of or something? The address that is listed isnt working.

Graham at intersection Hwy 16 south and FM 1287.

Take Fm 1287 out of Graham 12 miles, turn left on FM 1148, go 6 miles to sign and road on right.

Uh-oh. It has started!

bac430bad1d19fd85b3e7d1aa2da4754.jpg

43fbd023be15404cf5d0e0337556c234.jpg

Come on!! It is gonna be interesting. Was gonna run a Tourance rear. Nope. New Shinko 805 going on. Everybody recognize that rain changes everything. Some roads may be gnarly and some may be worse. I'll be turning around on those. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith. When you gonna get there? I have the turn by turns and the challenge score sheets printed. Well. My wonderful assistant did it, but I paid her so yeah. I did it.

TXJames and I plan on leaving at noon. So 4:30 departure. If we're lucky.

Woohoo! Look me up and talk to me about recent Mexico riding. Those two Mex-Trek trips and the one JT is talking about to Jalpan have me itching to go back.

I'll look you up once I get there. I am packed and ready to roll tomorrow afternoon after work.

I'll look you up once I get there. I am packed and ready to roll tomorrow afternoon after work.

¡Gracias, señor!

All we gotta do is get there. Rain suit packed. Saturday and Sunday look great.

Everything dirt is always subject to rapid change. I was hoping for a hot dry windy sunshine filled day today but it don't look like we are gonna get it. Sooooo.....pretty happy that the Rally Raid is not as long a mileage day as traditional. We will adjust on the fly. It's all good. One particular road has got me spooked [emoji15] and we will think of a work-around. Stupid Early Rider's Meeting will tell all.

¡Gracias, señor!

All we gotta do is get there. Rain suit packed. Saturday and Sunday look great.

Everything dirt is always subject to rapid change. I was hoping for a hot dry windy sunshine filled day today but it don't look like we are gonna get it. Sooooo.....pretty happy that the Rally Raid is not as long a mileage day as traditional. We will adjust on the fly. It's all good. One particular road has got me spooked [emoji15] and we will think of a work-around. Stupid Early Rider's Meeting will tell all.

Yep, looking at all the rain and the knowing some of the roads in that area I think you could rename it the The Possum Slip n Slide.

What rain? Pffft. That ain't rain.

e9ab473e8b1ad6810c68cff052f6ba3d.jpg

OK. You can stop shaking the stick. We are good. Thanks.

So far, most of the rain is north of the lake.

Tom, that wouldn't be the renowned Macabee Rd that your worried about, is it? It could be epic riding. Depending on your definition of "epic".

Nope. That has enough sand. I think. But there is another long red road that I am just puckered about. Visions of the East Texas 450 keep running through my noggin'.

won't make it there in time for the stupid early riders meeting in the morning... probably more like 8:30 -9:00...will there be someone still there that will have turn by turns and know maybe what wisdom was bestowed??;-)

How is the rain situation? There are some really severe formations on the radar headed your way.

RB

Yes. SOG says we'll take your money until you stop giving. Come on!

Last edited:
CDK. I will leave all remaining copies by the keg at the big cabin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back