• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

South Padre

i seem to remember parasailing and they had a boat towing a big torpedo behind (might have been a jestski) that you can pay to ride on. I also took a half day party boat offshore to the first rigs and caught snapper and such. Pretty water man. Also there is an old litehouse museum just before you cross the bridge to the island that was kinda cool. As well if you are into the military stuff, you arent far from the Marine Military Academy which has a pretty cool Iwo Jima monument that is actually the original for the one in DC or Arlington or wherever it is, and it is larger. Some great ol WWII vets in the small museum onsite there as well. Gotta love the old breed- Semper Fi.

Dunes up on the north end of the island warrant a drive by at the least. We walked all over them with the kids, but beware that white sand is HOTTTT!!!! There are a few areas you can park up there for a very short walk to beach -sans the parking fee you may find down south near town.

We liked it alot there, but it is a hump from Beaumont! There are probably alot of other historical stuff in the area we missed as I had small kids when we went. Heck, I'm a beach bum and we enjoy the dirty ol Galveston beaches so it was a treat for us.

Enjoy it man, it is rare to see pretty Gulf water in Texas, and it is prettier than Corpus area beaches although they are nice as well.

A little sidetrack from the trip but do you happen to be a member of TBH as well? Your screen name + Beaumont... Just seems like I've seen that combo before...

Back to topic... I did a google search and found several places with parasailing, jet ski and sunset dinner cruises...

Google maps say its about an 8hr ride but if I factor in her pee breaks it liable to be closer to 10.5 or even longer but that's ok cause it's our first bike trip and if she enjoys it that'll give me a little leverage for when its time for one of those luxury touring bikes... ;)

A little sidetrack from the trip but do you happen to be a member of TBH as well? Your screen name + Beaumont... Just seems like I've seen that combo before...

I cant seem to remember what TBH is, but its possible. Must have been awhile back. Refresh my memory.

oh, not me but maybe a buddy of mine - who knows! Enjoy your trip man!

Back