• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Your two-stroke mega thread

Here's mine..........

Bought last year from a very nice gentleman on this very list..........

Attachments

• RD350-5.jpg
    RD350-5.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 172
Re: Here's mine..........

Super nice. Do you ride it a lot?

Not as much as I should - my target is once a week minimum, and I hit that about half the time. Maybe 30-80 miles per trip typically.

Yes, it is sweet. I have wanted one of these since they came out - I turned 14 in 1975 - and to finally have one is a blast. I giggle like an idiot every time I ride it.

Thanks for asking.

Not as much as I should - my target is once a week minimum, and I hit that about half the time. Maybe 30-80 miles per trip typically.

Yes, it is sweet. I have wanted one of these since they came out - I turned 14 in 1975 - and to finally have one is a blast. I giggle like an idiot every time I ride it.

Thanks for asking.

A buddy of mine had a silver one if I remember correctly after high school. I always wanted a Yamaha Daytona Special RD400F but a mechanic at the dealership talked me out of buying it. Boy was I stupid.:doh:

I always wanted a Yamaha Daytona Special RD400F but a mechanic at the dealership talked me out of buying it. Boy was I stupid.:doh:
Odd but the guy at the dealership in Waco back in '84 tried to talk me out of the RZ, he said "Why do you want this bike? There are better options". He kept showing me other bikes and going on and on blah blah. I said "Nope, that's it".

Odd but the guy at the dealership in Waco back in '84 tried to talk me out of the RZ, he said "Why do you want this bike? There are better options". He kept showing me other bikes and going on and on blah blah. I said "Nope, that's it".

To make things worse they had two!!!!!:doh: I am still kicking myself. I do have a RZ like yours but sure would have liked to have had that RD400 also.

I giggle like an idiot every time I ride it.

The secret to life. :sun: Some people spend a majority of their life looking for it. And there you are, riding it. :rider: Good for you. :zen:

Sam

There are some great photos in here! That RZ500 in the crate would be my dream come true. I'm afraid that we may be preaching to the choir a bit, though. I doubt that our younger fellow riders will be getting get too fired up by pictures of granddad's old bike. They still don't know what it is that they're missing out on.

Is anyone willing to take a moment to explain what it was that made these peaky oil burning ring-a-dings so dang fun to ride? Can you put it into words?

Oh, and for the old coot on your Christmas list, 2 stroke scented candles:
http://www.scooterfile.com/best-of-the-web/two-stroke-candles/

14+-+1.jpg

Got this 72DT250 running and driving only recently, and then stumbled upon this...

%2524_12.jpg

1971 DT250. So now the first won't be lonely. Picking it up this weekend.

Kickststand says pictures,
So here is my attempt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 176
Near museum piece, nearly all new old parts, including most motor parts, hasn't had gas in tank for nearly 20 yrs. I did start it when I got it, ran it out of small can. I thought two strokes kicked over easily, wow.

1974 CR 250

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 171
No pics of RZ yet but here is one of the next projext
431a30cc2c4a7d3cc811680e2ac15da7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She will be yellow if I can ever get my painter to finish it! He's had it since December so it should be a good job:sun:

Mine is the red and white one. We have a bunch of them but not many yellow ones.:rider: Since December of last year? :giveup:

I knew I needed a ground up rebuild so told him I wan't in a rush ......big mistake.

I knew I needed a ground up rebuild so told him I wan't in a rush ......big mistake.

I did the exact same thing with a car and it will be worth about $500 by the time the mechanic gets it done. It has been there so long now that the fuel pump needs replaced!:doh:

Heck , I got some Krylon,

;-)

It may come to that. Getting it back next week, whatever stage it is at. Was repaired, painted and decals applied, just waiting for clearcoat about 3 weeks ago.....allegedly

It may come to that. Getting it back next week, whatever stage it is at. Was repaired, painted and decals applied, just waiting for clearcoat about 3 weeks ago.....allegedly

Make sure that we get to see the finished product once you get it home.:rider:

Back