• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Austin ADV Rider

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just joined TWT and here's my requisite intro.

I recently bought a 1200GS after riding every bit of asphalt I could find in the Alpine/Marfa/Big Bend area where I try to escape to 3-4 times per year on my R1200R.

Ready to try some roads I haven't been on and have been enjoying some dirt riding these last couple months. A n00b for sure but I'm a good student. Spent six days at Rawhyde Offroad where I took a GS to places I never would have thought possible and want to put some of my training to work.

I'm now exploring some dirt roads in the Hill Country using Richard's ride guides and am trying to get out to Big Bend Dec 12-15th. Plan is to stay in Marfa one night, take Pinto Canyon to 170 then down to Big Bend for another night, do River Road and/or some other "easy" routes in Richard's Big Bend guide, then back to Marfa Saturday night before heading back to Austin on Sunday. If anyone's in the area and up for River Road or one of the routes in Big Bend, let me know.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on and off road.

-PJ

Edited w/ Bike Pic

Attachments

• 1200gs.jpg
    1200gs.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 256
Welcome to the forum PJ.
You need to post a picture of the bike to be fully introduced!

Aloha and glad to see you sign up to TWT. We have plenty of riding and eating events coming up so stay tuned. I am a member of the BMW club with a F650 twin. Have fun on your trip. KP

Welcome to TWT. I take it you're not new to Austin, just TWT. I'll be interested to know how your Big Bend trip goes. Its on my destination in February and if I make it will be my first time out.

:welcome:

Sweet ride!

Several of us are tentatively planning to go to this campout that weekend:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90891
You should check it out - looks like all the cool kids are going. :lol2: :trust:
I'm hoping we'll find some dirt and gravel up there.

The big bend trip is on my short-term to-do list too.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride! :wave:

Back