• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[SOLD] Sale Pending ***2016 BMW 1200 GS Adventure for sale***

Reaction score
*Sale Pending*

Selling my like new, pampered, 2016 GSA.

5,890 miles
*Premium package* every bell and whistle, except alarm.
Keyless start
ABS pro/ TC
Enduro pro mode
cruise control
heated grips
shift assist
Nav 5 with wonder wheel

Touratech light guards
TT Auxiliary light guards
TT Radiator guards
TT side stand foot,
TT Handlebar bag.

Bark Buster white VPS hand gaurds. Stock included.

Globescout black 45 liter panniers with lid nets and new RKA liner bags.

BMW large soft tail bag.

All services performed. First by BMW of Austin.
6000 mile service performed at 4800 miles by Cuzbob.
Brand new rear Anakee 3.

Bike is flawless and warranty good through January 2019.

Always kept clean and housed inside. Garage queen.

$17,999

i-ggmvsnr.jpg

i-trTHZxr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ***2016 BMW 1200 GS Adventure for sale***

Well written ad. A great all around machine. Good luck with your sale.

That's a great looking bike.

Dave

Looks even better in person than in pics. What are you replacing it with?

I hadn't heard about Globescout panniers before. Always thought I'd do the Touratech in the anodized black. But they look really nice and seem to be built well according to what I read about them today. How did you learn about them and decide to go that way?

Dave

I am interested. I subscribed to your thread. I'm currently trying to sell my Concours14 and wouldn't be ready till late Feb early March. Good luck in the meantime.

I hadn't heard about Globescout panniers before. Always thought I'd do the Touratech in the anodized black. But they look really nice and seem to be built well according to what I read about them today. How did you learn about them and decide to go that way?

Dave

Dave,

I had Globescouts on a previous GS. Prefer them over BMW/ Touratech because they are more robust. Plus they have a double gasket seal, instead of single, so never have leaking what so ever. BMW boxes feel much more flimsy, and the mounting on Globescouts with the puck just seems, and is much tougher. 6 mounting points on lid instaed of 4. Corner plastics can be relpaced with torque screws, not rivoted on like BMWs. I like Black, looks good with the white bike, everyone has aluminum, and no theres no aluminum to rub off on your gear and you. Touratech latches will cut the heck out of your hands, super stupid sharp.
I paid $1500 alone for the boxes , black extra, with nets and bags. Well worth every penny in my opinion.

Last edited:

I’m not very forum savvy. Can you text me? 512-496-6173 Thanks

If only I had a way!

Dave,

I had Globescouts on a previous GS. Prefer them over BMW/ Touratech because they are more robust. Plus they have a double gasket seal, instead of single, so never have leaking what so ever. BMW boxes feel much more flimsy, and the mounting on Globescouts with the puck just seems, and is much tougher. 6 mounting points on lid instaed of 4. Corner plastics can be relpaced with torque screws, not rivoted on like BMWs. I like Black, looks good with the white bike, everyone has aluminum, and no theres no aluminum to rub off on your gear and you. Touratech latches will cut the heck out of your hands, super stupid sharp.
I paid $1500 alone for the boxes , black extra, with nets and bags. Well worth every penny in my opinion.

Sounds like a great choice. To be honest I've been sitting on the fence for quite a while trying to decide between two bikes, a late model GSA or a Multistrada. Lately I've been tipping back toward BMW, heck I already have one of their ball caps, their boots, and a set of those funny looking hex sockets.

If you don't find a buyer before I get back Stateside I might ride up and take a look if you don't mind. But I think you'll find a buyer pretty quick, a bike that nice and priced well would move quickly.

Dave.

Buy the GSA. Then Buy a poster of that Ducati and put it on your garage wall. That Duck is just garage art anyways.

Buy the GSA. Then Buy a poster of that Ducati and put it on your garage wall. That Duck is just garage art anyways.

They are pretty. Not much for the dirt unless you maybe went for the enduro version. On the road though the Multi runs like a scalded ape ...!

But in reality most of my riding isn't that fast anymore as all the roads I used to rip on in the country are now becoming Houston suburbs with all the LEO scrutiny that comes with it. So if I have to ride a long way to get to good roads, I know the GSA will stand up to the miles pretty well.

Re: Sale Pending ***2016 BMW 1200 GS Adventure for sale***

Did the sale go through?

Dave.

Re: Sale Pending ***2016 BMW 1200 GS Adventure for sale***

I hope so... I was having to make myself stay away from this thread...

Back