• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones Rally - October 13, 14 & 15, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get well Cleatus!

I had request for a track version of the Rally Raid so I just posted that. It has over 6k points. Not sure what restrictions there are on modern GPS devices. Hopefully it will work.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-3tJ3fSi_TQWxweEEtSDAxbzg

In Basecamp you can limit the points it uses. The Montana units should handle that, but not all Zumo models will. Best to keep it below 500 points and all units can handle that.

Re: Roll The Bones Rally - October 13, 14 & 15, 2017

I guess you guys only get one point per mile. You'll figure it out! ROFL. I'll work on making some < 500 pt tracks today and post when available

The Rally Gods have spoken! In addition to just the right amount of rainfall in RallyLand this morning, the Barcalounger has also fallen from the sky. Folks, GET REGISTERED! This is gonna be a good one!

UXEtZzVlDlgCUIXey0Na3aYR3OXe_LZRIyHE9ukyntgkpft9AzflWACxd9CM14mARiabf1E6Ii-6-ZDIH2wRji9HT_O1Dp0w5rvcdA=w1008-h756-rw-no

Last edited:
Just a quick check, if anyone has an extra bed they want to rent, I'd be more than happy to pitch in! Thanks in advance, see you guys there!

Well life has it's detours sometimes. I will not be able to make it this year. Already paid. My mother is scheduled for surgery on Thursday. If anyone wants my spot, I can accept paypal. Dody, I do want to get the t shirt somehow. If we can't figure the logistics on that, maybe you could add it to the auction. Should be worth a fortune since it was destined for me..........

I hope all goes well with your mother. My mom has several issues including a bad Melanoma. It is hard trying to juggle time in life and my parents. I know their time wanes and I try to cherish every moment left. I will hold your shirt.

Is there a Roll The Bones event scheduled this year at Whitney Lake?

Live nearby and would love to go to that.

Thanks! BarryFromWest

It's being worked on, but we're looking further to the west, as we have worn out the local roads in a seventy mile radius. It will be announced as soon as possible.

Yes there will be a RTB. My father passed and his funeral is tomorrow. I will try to get back in the groove as quick as possible. The event is moving. I need website help.

I'm sorry to hear that Doty. My condolences to your family. Please know that we appreciate the yeoman's work that you and others put in to bring these things together.

Doty, so sad to hear about your dad, thoughts and prayers to you and the whole family..
Thanks again for all the work that you put in to pull off RTB..

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I hope RTB lives on. It is a lot of work and my heart is not in it right now. The website needs updated and I do not know how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He will be missed , I enjoyed visiting with him when he would come down and check on us , course he was always looking for you , probly to chew you out for something . There will be a big empty space in you life for a while , I know it was when my Dad passed .

He will be missed , I enjoyed visiting with him when he would come down and check on us , course he was always looking for you , probly to chew you out for something . There will be a big empty space in you life for a while , I know it was when my Dad passed .

Everyday I hope to make the day without breaking down and at 2 weeks it has not happened...I keep expecting to get a phone call from him like I have for almost everyday of my life...one that will never come. Thankfully, I took his last call about 30 minutes before his stroke and he was happy. He wanted me to take him car hunting. I guess that was why the shock when I learned he had stroked. I am on the fire dept and heard the tone out to their address. My first thought was my mom and then I learned it was my dad. I was working for Casey H up at Lake MEredith doing the firework display when the call came. I barely remember the trip home to the hospital. He died July 3 after I got there but he never regained consciousness.

I have set the date for RTB 9 for October 26-28, 2018. We are moving north to the venue I used for the Possum Trot Rally. Final details are being resolved and I will post a new thread once I have finished everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back