• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saddle bag gas tanks

nightrider

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
I saw these at the Vegas Bike Fest and very well made and looks like it would work for a long trip just to have an emergency supply of gas in case it is needed.

Attachments

• REDA  gas cans.jpg
    REDA gas cans.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 231
Good idea. You would have to move stuff to get it out. Good insurance for those long runs out west or going to Alaska.

Yeah thought it was a good idea myself and will more than likely buy a couple that would give me maybe 75 extra miles if needed.Think they are $29.00 a peice and like I was saying very well made and shoulld last for many years.

But doesn't any bike with saddlebags that shape have at least a 5 gallon gas tank? Can't imagine there is a single stretch of road anywhere in the CONUS or Canada that doesn't have a gas station within 200 miles.

They should make one custom fit for the popular Pelican cases on adventure bikes instead.

_

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not hard to misjudge, either. I once ran out of gas in eastern Montana, with gas stations about 85 miles apart. Yeah, I should have stopped at the prior one, but didn't realize just how far apart they were.

And I suspect there are a number of bikes with those saddle bags that don't get 40 mpg when heavily loaded.

But doesn't any bike with saddlebags that shape have at least a 5 gallon gas tank? Can't imagine there is a single stretch of road anywhere in the CONUS or Canada that doesn't have a gas station within 200 miles.

My Strom has a 5.6 gal tank and while going to Alaska I carried an 3 gallons with me. Good thing too, because on the Top of the World highway fuel was 240+ miles apart.

I like the idea of these cans. If I had bags shaped like that I'd probably buy one or two of them for just in case.

Back