• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ive found the elusive delkevic exhaust

I have a older one maybe they changed their design since then considering as you say it costs more. I sent them a email lets see what they say. If I'm wrong great but! 36k and she still sounds the same idk... Maybe I have a one off! :rofl:

I have a older one maybe they changed their design since then considering as you say it costs more. I sent them a email lets see what they say. If I'm wrong great but! 36k and she still sounds the same idk... Maybe I have a one off! :rofl:

Yup, according to what's below it sounds as if you do indeed have a very special one off Delkevic slip-on. :-P

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/?section=...cking_kit_5189&start=0&search_term=&order_by=

•Delkevic silencer maintenance kits use the same highest quality materials and components as used in the Delkevic exhaust range.
•This set includes - tube of very high temperature silicone based sealant, acoustic thermal sound barrier material as used in all our exhausts, rivets, new stainless steel clamp, and instructions.
•The packing material measures 450mm x 1670mm; sufficient to repair any of the silencers in the Delkevic range.
•This genuine Delkevic exhaust repacking kit is suitable for all slip-on and bolt-on Delkevic silencers as well as other exhaust applications and systems.

Okay, guys. I'm stepping in here just to remind everyone to keep the discussion civil and the sniping down to a tolerable level.

Help each other, don't jab at each other.

Thank you for your cooperation,
The Management

Well I got a reply back from them. Seems I was INCORRECT! Happens to the best of us! ;)

"Thank you for your enquiry which has been sent to me by my US colleagues.

Delkevic silencers are packed with a high specification thermal acoustic insulate which comprises of (amongst other materials) ceramic fibres. However, over a period of time and use, these materials can begin to break down and the acoustic and thermal qualities can begin to diminish. We therefore offer a repacking kit, using the same materials, should any of our customers feel that they wish to repack.

However, as you can testify with a slip on having covered 36k, this process isn’t required too frequently! There is no ceramic insert though, the silencers have always been manufactured using a thermal, acoustic fibre barrier."

After I asked how often to change it this was their response. Looks like I'm over either way! :p

"Replacement/repacking really depends on a lot of factors; heat, type of use, fuel type (!), set up of bike etc.

However, in general, we would expect a Delkevic muffler to run for about 20K or 3 years prior to requiring a repack. Probably explains why we don’t sell to many of the repacking kits!"

Just for info sake, I have over 50K miles on a 100 buck Yosh triangle can I bought off ebay and I don't notice any difference from day one. Of course , built my on 1" db buster because of lost bottom end with it open and noise. And, of course, at my age, my performance days are long history.

Back