• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

what bluetooth headset are guys/gals using?

Sparky, I have never been in a group big enough where there were more than 1 or 2 Senas but I had wondered about how well that daisy chain setup could work.

Several of us are using Cardio G9x and they seem to pair up great even with older Scala Rider headsets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up getting the interphone f5mc, I was able to get a good deal. The best part about the interphone is that I can connect to my old chatterbox duo , so now I don't have to use the chatterbox as paper weight

I win at breaking Sena 20s! Short version from yesterday: helmet was knocked over, I tried to grab it, first thing my hand catches is the Sena, and Sena completely comes apart. Since at this point, all I am holding is the outer jog dial shell, helmet still makes impact with ground (granted, from 3 feet and bounces off the visor). I'd think they would be a little more sturdy than this. Also, the battery isn't a square shape, it's more of a bubble.

rTSFbTpl.jpg

On the bright side, I opened a ticket with Sena regarding warranty claim and they are replacing the unit. They just sent me the request for RMA processing info.

When I first bought it, the boom mic died on me within hours. Sena sent me a replacement for free. It streams music great, but the range on bluetooth communication between riders is somewhat spotty. It's listed at 1 mile, but I've had signal quality greatly degrade over less than 1/4 mile on a straight road without any obstructions. It may have also varied between Sena headsets I was connected to. Since I ride solo most of the time, streaming music and taking calls is perfectly fine for me.

We have the Scala Cardo G9 and the G4 before that. We've been very happy with them and consider them to be our best motorcycling accessory. The bike to bike distance is great and almost never drop unless I get too far away from the fiance in the twisties. In fact I cannot remember the G9 dropping our connection except for distance.

As far as a daisy chain, I believe we managed seven connections in a group once with great success when we had the G4.

For you those of you looking for a bargain like me... Android has an app called "Android Intercom"... Its free, and all you need it your own headset to make it work... It works over Bluetooth and Wifi... I am sure range is not great for bike to bike, but for rider to passenger it should be great...

Already purchased and installed a headset to mount in the helmet and used it to make a call.. have not tried it with the intercom just yet...

For you those of you looking for a bargain like me... Android has an app called "Android Intercom"... Its free, and all you need it your own headset to make it work... It works over Bluetooth and Wifi... I am sure range is not great for bike to bike, but for rider to passenger it should be great...

Already purchased and installed a headset to mount in the helmet and used it to make a call.. have not tried it with the intercom just yet...

What kind of headset did you get as this sounds interesting

What kind of headset did you get as this sounds interesting

Cheap ones from ebay.. search for "helmet speakers microphone".. They were about $10 from a US based seller (I didnt want to wait 3+ weeks for something shipped from China)..

They have in-line volume control as well which is nice. The speakers are louder than I expected, although perhaps not loud enough for some situations. They don't have very good bass, so music doesnt sound great with them, but tolerable...

The other setup is going to use a cable from the phone that splits the headphone and mic jacks, I can then use any headphones (earbuds) I want, along with any mic... not as clean because it needs two cables, but i expect the sound to be much better...

"Andriod Intercom" is just one of the apps out there to do this.. If I recall there were several others at the time, and worth me looking into again to see if any have been updated...

I bought the original Scala-rider communicators when they came out for Snoopster and I. I was pleased with them so after a few years when it when It came time to upgrade I stuck with Scala-Rider . We got the G9 Set. What a disappointment. They are great for blue toothing music from phone to helmet but in my opinion that's about it. The issues started when we paired a 3rd rider. No matter what command you gave it would respond with "Radio On". Now we have trouble pairing at all and any time I give it a command it says "calling Dave V" . I just gave up on trying to answer calls or communicating. On a plus side I got about 10 hours of blue toothed music on one charge.

Back