• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Maximum-suzuki

Reaction score
Hello,
Not bandit or this site related but relevant anyhow.
Is maximum-suzuki.com down?
All I get is front page and when I click forums, I get page unavailable.
Maybe it is foreign problem as I am trying to access the page from Estonia and maybe it is working for other locations.
Is it my problem or something bigger?
Tonis_t aka noon

Site is not reachable in the U.S. as well currently...

Geek talk:

If I had to take a guess, their service provided/hosting company is having issues. Hosting company appears to be "eSecureData" / IronCreek but they don't seem to post server status publicly.

The other possibility is that they moved to a new hosting company and they didn't properly update DNS. I have my doubts this is the case.

It started acting up for me about two weeks ago with it being very slow to load, and once it loaded everything about the site was very slow. Than I think it was Last Sunday that I finally could not connect to at all, and all I get now is a message that states that the SMF was unable to connect to the data base, which may be caused by the server being busy, which means that the problem exists with the server for maximum-Suzuki.

I called Dale at Holeshot yesterday, and he confirmed that the sight has been down, and that the main guy who maintains the website, Andre has not been able to fix it, or has not had the time to fix it yet.

Interesting how many of us have ended up here because of the problems over on Max-Zook!

I had noticed the slowing down of loading that MM mentioned. Being the distrusting old bugger that I am, I find myself wondering if Griff's actions to try to rid the board of the middle European spam that had recently cropped-up may have angered some hacker over there enough that they have attacked the forum?

In any event, I wish both Griff and Andre the best of luck in isolating and correcting the problem... I miss the interaction there and need my fix!!! :rider:

Don (dsmack on MaxZook)

Yep... still down this morning, too! I wish Andre well in his attempts to rectify the problem!
:eek2:

Don

I just got the skinny from Dale at Holeshot, and max-suz's website had a major crash which was caused by their hosting company system having a major meltdown. So Andre is working on fixing the problem, and it will be back up at some point.

Thanks for the update! I was afraid his blocking all the addresses from the eastern European country that seems to be the strong-hold for the hackers had made them angry enough that they had figured out how to shut it down.

Sorry his hosting site is having problems, but that can be worked out or around I'd imagine.
Don

I also forgot to mention that the meltdown with the hosting service is the reason that Holeshot's website is also down, as both Holeshot and Max-Suz use the same hosting service, so Holeshot's website should be back up at about the same time that Max-Suz's is, or pretty close to it.

Thanks for the Heads-Up Metrick. I was worried that something nefarious was up.

Here's the message you get now when you try to load maximum-Suzuki.com.

Site maintenance

The website you have requested is currently unavailable due to unscheduled maintenance.

The web server hosting this site has experienced and unexpected failure. Recovery is currently underway and the site should be functional again in the next day or two

:tab It is frustrating when you run a site and your hosting service goes down. Owning your own server is no guarantee either. I own the server which TWT is hosted on and I rent rack space at a data center in Dallas. Even with all their backups of backups, there have been a few times when TWT has gone off line because of a problem in the data center. Nothing I could do but sit and wait with everyone else... :shrug:

Glad to find this forum! And to find familiar faces! Sorry to hear what is going on with Max-Zuke. I was getting very worried and thought maybe Griff and Andre had just gotten tired of us. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Anyway, this looks like a great place too.:-)

:tab It is frustrating when you run a site and your hosting service goes down. Owning your own server is no guarantee either. I own the server which TWT is hosted on and I rent rack space at a data center in Dallas. Even with all their backups of backups, there have been a few times when TWT has gone off line because of a problem in the data center. Nothing I could do but sit and wait with everyone else... :shrug:

thanks for letting us gather here :clap:

Looks like a lot of familiar faces here. ;-)

I tried M-S this morning and there were a couple of update messages from Ironcreek (host) that said the servers were back up and websites were being restored.

Just now I tried and the main page is up! http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/

No forum yet, but it looks like it's on the way.

thanks for letting us gather here :clap:

:tab Not a problem. Everyone is well behaved and they don't cause me any grief ;-) I would never have thought that a Texas forum would wind up with people from just about any country you can name because of a single model of bike being so popular. :shrug:

:tab Besides, it has been cool to see the various ride reports folks from around the world have shared.

Back