• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

aluminum/metal working in austin?

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
so for far too long i have had a smashed up lid for my touratech zega panniers. i have just been strapping it down and i really want to replace it but.... if i can get it repaired that would be even better. i just don't know any metal workers or aluminum workers that can do the work for me. if anyone knows of a metal worker that can do it for me i would appreciate a referral.

now a replacement lid is $150 so if a metal worker is going to charge me that amount i will just replace it. looking for a referral for someone in austin.

I can't imagine a repair would cost much less. We have custom guards fabricated for our G650's at work and the cost is a breathtaking $1200 per bike. We use a place on E. Cesar Chavez.

How smashed up is it? Aluminum doesn't generally like to be bent and then bent back again, so the metal worker might just end up having to try and build an entire new lid. That would end up being much more than just buying a new one from Touratech.

Ryan Andrews-Works for/owns Four81 Motos. Excellent fabricator.

At work we use Crippen Sheet Metal in S. Austin, they do beautiful work.

Back