• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 1250SA Battery

Reaction score
On the list, replace original Battery. Amazing it has gone this far, likely produced in 2007. :shock:
What is the general consensus on replacements? I am for sure going with AGM style, no interest in L-ion etc. Usually bought Yuasa's but have been reading disparaging reviews on Amazon for the YT-12A-BS.

Here on E-bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuasa-Maintenance-Free-Battery-YT12A-BS-YUAM32ABS-PLT-180-Suzuki-/390793229540?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5afd1774e4&vxp=mtr

I searched but really didn't find brands and models. What have you guys been using?

I went back on my logbook and can't fined any entry on changing out the battery. And, my memory sucks. I bought this 07 in May of 08 as a left over. Far as I can remember, it's still has the same battery. Next time I have the seat and stuff off, I'll check the make and markings to be sure.
I have drained it dead a few times leaving my GPS on and going offshore for 2 weeks at a time. But., it always came back just charging with a Battery Tender.

I am getting ready to order a new battery for my 2009. I am going on a trip in May and don't want to take any chances. In the past, I have had good luck with Westco batteries and will probably just order on of them. They seem to handle high heat situations better than others. Since I have moved to Texas, it is a concern.

I have an 07 also with original battery. Time for a new one before I get stuck somewhere.

Yuasa batteries are the only batteries I have ever used in my bikes, and they are top quality batteries, and I've never had one fail on me ever.

I replaced the original battery in my 07 with a Yuasa YT12A-BS battery last Sept. even though the battery was showing it was still in good condition, as I usually don't run the OEM batteries longer than that, and I got it on Amazon for $75.20 shipped.

Here's the Battery that was in it. Likely the OEM as the 2008 had only 2400 miles on it from the original owner when I bought it in Sept. 2013. Crazy I know but he is a traveling executive for a big company and bought a Honda NC-700, poor guy.;-)
I don't tend to go this long with batteries either. I doubt a fuel injected cycle can be bumped started with a dead battery.

20150308_094429_zpsfhdsxliu.jpg

It can't be bump started,I found out the hard way.If the voltage drops below a certain level the electrical system won't even work and everything just flashes until you charge it or get another battery.

2007 here also, same battery from new.

I've owned 1996 F150 for 9 years, still has the same battery it had when I bought it, and it wasn't new.

I'm sure they'll pick the same week to quit on me.

Funny you should say that. Both my cars picked up battery problems in the same week a few years back although the batteries were about 3 to 4 years old. Murphy does visit way too often.

2007 here also, same battery from new.

I've owned 1996 F150 for 9 years, still has the same battery it had when I bought it, and it wasn't new.

I'm sure they'll pick the same week to quit on me.

LOL ! Battery karma hit me on my 03 Chevy truck right when I didn't need it to happen. Summer of '13 , 2 weeks after a crash on my bandit in west texas's davis mountains avoid a head on in a corner with a deer. Changing the batter out with just one arm proved to be a pretty good feat, but, very slowly and carefully, got er done.

While we are on the topic of bad luck, my M109 boulevard just dropped a chrome exhaust heat shield on the national highway and a truck drove over it leaving it squashed like a beer can. Too make matters worse, I wanted to take the bike to have a new plate made and it is now leaking juice (pouring out) for some funny reason near the rear cylinder. :doh:

Leaking juice is never a good thing, especially for a Motorcycle. ;-)
I just changed a Walmart battery out on my Mom's car from June 2006, amazing for this climate.

Well I guess patience is a virtue. I scored a Yuasa YT-12A-BS on E-bay for $50.00. It was listed for Aprilia and Guzzi hence I didn't find it till I used the part number. :huh:
Just filled it, let it sit for a day and charged it on the tender.

Getting ready to head out the beginning of June for a few months of riding pleasure on the '08 Bandit/TX sidecar rig. Guess I should check the battery; not sure if it's the original but might be as I bought the bike a couple of years ago with only 3,000 miles on the odometer.

Attachments

• motorcycles-0010.jpg
    motorcycles-0010.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 178
Timely thread.
Just went and put the chargers on the wife's and my bikes. Hers is fine, but my battery is stone dead. I've ever had a battery go from working to dead after storing it for a few months. Bike is stored in a heated garage over winter.

Back