• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North Texas Ghost Towns

rkruz

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last edited:
Cool stuff. I wish that ghosttown website was a bit better organized and had info like GPS Coordinates and whatnot. I've downloaded the Tx and Oklahoma docs and spreadsheets and have started building Basecamp info out of those but if I can't find location data via Google then all the Ghost Town site gives is a region/county.

The Garmin GPS adventure link is dead though.

This is right out of my back door. I'm going to download it and go for a ride.

Thanks!

Sounds cool. I will check it out when I get the chance. Thanks.

RK... Can you post the GPX file so I can download it.
I have some other routes that will mesh with this..
You have some really good points of interest.

We need to do rides and recons together.... You are doing what I need and want to do.

Chris

Here is the gpx. But I recommend you use the Garmin link and load Basecamp and then search for adventures in your area. From bAsecamp you can dowload any of the routes gpxs. I have posted dozens of rides of similiar "adventurness" mostly in Texas but also going into OK, AR and LA including a couple of 1000 mile IronButt sanctioned saddled sore 1000s. For my rides search on rkruz2. All rides center around Dallas. Id love to ride but unfortunately the Ghost town ride is my last ride in Texas as Ive moved out of state. However, Ill PM you an email of a great guy I have ridden with on many of these rides (including the Ghost town ride) who would likely want to partner up for some rides. Have fun and good luck.

Attachments

• North TX Ghost Towns.gpx
    121.2 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Back