• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph Dealer in Carollton, Tx Closing

Reaction score
RPM Cycles in Carrollton is closing their Triumph dealership Tuesday. They have some gear on sale, but the salesman told me that they are selling any remaining new Triumph bikes for $300 over their cost.

I am not associated with RPM, and cannot vouch for this, but if you are shopping for a Triumph, it might be worth a look.

They have some really beautiful bikes in stock.

https://www.rpmcycletx.com/

They did the same for Honda in April. Got a sweet deal on my AT.

Wow... sad to see RPM go. They've been around a long time and folks have always had great things to say about them.

I think Triumph North America is closing shop. Fantastic bikes... but if you live in TEXAS good luck finding a Triumph dealer. Frankly, I don't get it. Found out my Houston dealer shuttered last spring. I traded a very fine 675 STRX in on a new MV Agusta so I could have dealer support. Good luck current Triumph owners-- parts and service is becoming a real challenge.

Is triumph in that bad of shape?
Didnt they just come out with some new models?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think Triumph North America is closing shop. Fantastic bikes... but if you live in TEXAS good luck finding a Triumph dealer. Frankly, I don't get it. Found out my Houston dealer shuttered last spring. I traded a very fine 675 STRX in on a new MV Agusta so I could have dealer support. Good luck current Triumph owners-- parts and service is becoming a real challenge.

Wow. That’s pretty bad (for Triumph) when you have to move to MV Agusta to get better dealer support.

Triumph itself is probably doin very well. Triumph North America couldn’t be any more inept.

Bought three bikes from Hans @ RPM. A great guy and excellent dealership.

Are they closing or just getting rid of Triumph?

As I understand what the salesman said, they are getting entirely out of the new-bike business. They will re-open in a new location near Denton, doing service, and maybe selling used bikes.

There is another Triumph dealer in Plano, about 11 miles away.

Last edited:
That is unfortunate. RPM has been really good servicing my Triumphs. Fortunately I still have BMW of North Texas nearby and they have a good service shop.

Triumph must be doing well in places other than the U.S.

This year was the last year for the standardized Honda 600cc CBR based motors to be used in the Moto2 series. Next year they are switching to a standardized Triumph Triple motor for the series.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/moto2-engine

With a three-year contract with Dorna - the commercial rights holder of MotoGPTM – Triumph are to supply a dedicated race tuned 765cc Triumph triple engine, based on the powerplant from the all-new 2017 Triumph Street Triple

I cannot imagine they would be doing this if the parent Triumph company was in some kind of financial trouble.

Last edited:
That sucks. I've bought a couple bikes there.
Such is life though. Hopefully Triumph is still going in 5 years when I'm back and looking for a new bike.

Maybe they want to restructure their dealer network and own their own dealers i.e. Tesla

I noticed on their Web that they sold Motus as well. That was a beautifully made bike, I wouldn't thing numbers in sales would be large for the price.

I noticed on their Web that they sold Motus as well. That was a beautifully made bike, I wouldn't thing numbers in sales would be large for the price.
The Motus looked to be a promising bike. It sucks they didn't last.

I purchased a new Street Triple R there in 2012 and was always treated well by the guys in the service department. I had a stalling issue they couldn’t fix after a month of trying and Boris who manages the dealership bought it back from me, and eventually they got it running properly again and re-sold it.

Last edited:
They had Honda, KTM and Guzzi in there for a while. Lost all of them. I don't know the business so not sure how that happens.

They had Honda, KTM and Guzzi in there for a while. Lost all of them. I don't know the business so not sure how that happens.

Yeah...I was pretty surprised the last time I dropped in there and all they had were Triumphs and used stuff. I guess the fact that I’ve been there dozens of times and never spent a dime is probably part of that.

RPM Cycles in Carrollton is closing their Triumph dealership Tuesday. They have some gear on sale, but the salesman told me that they are selling any remaining new Triumph bikes for $300 over their cost.

I am not associated with RPM, and cannot vouch for this, but if you are shopping for a Triumph, it might be worth a look.

They have some really beautiful bikes in stock.

https://www.rpmcycletx.com/
Are they completely closed now? I just got a notification from their FB page selling a new 2015 Speed Triple w/ factory warranty for $8995 +TTL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No, they are not completely closed. I believe they are no longer authorized to sell new bikes but will be selling parts, accessories, used bikes etc., until it all runs out.

No, they are not completely closed. I believe they are no longer authorized to sell new bikes but will be selling parts, accessories, used bikes etc., until it all runs out.

I was just in there yesterday and they were still selling new bikes.

Are they completely closed now? I just got a notification from their FB page selling a new 2015 Speed Triple w/ factory warranty for $8995 +TTL.

That almost makes it worth buying even if you might have trouble getting parts/service! Those Speed Triples are FUN!

The Salesman told me two weeks ago that their last day to sell NEW Triumphs was Tuesday, Nov. 20th. Maybe they own some old stock bikes that are still "new", but not ""new""??

The Salesman told me two weeks ago that their last day to sell NEW Triumphs was Tuesday, Nov. 20th. Maybe they own some old stock bikes that are still "new", but not ""new""??
That's exactly what I heard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back