• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD: Plated 2005 Honda XR650R

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
IMG_5454-X2.jpg

Roll-on 3rd gear wheelies your thing? Grab that MX boot because you'll want it to start this beast. Just kidding. It starts pretty easily. I can be caught using my Merrell slip-ons starting it for the regular warm-up between rides. I could also just be lucky! :giveup:

We're headed for 2-stroke trail land, so this XRR is on the block.

Here's the list of parts...

Plated and street legal
Cycra Hand Guards
SDG Tall Seat
Trail Tech 8" Halogen 100W Race Light
Baja Designs Rear LED tail light
Rear rack
Tie-downs for Giant Loop Saddle Bag
Suspension set up for 200lb rider
IMS 4 Gal tank
XR's Only oil dipstick temperature gauge
Front Black Excel rim (21")
3" ROX bar risers
1 7/8" bars
K&N air filter
De-corked, opened up airbox
15T front sprocket
Garmin GPS mount
Clear Texas street title in my name
Brand spanking new FMF Slip-on Exhaust - 0 rides on it. Yes, zero.
Fresh oil change 6/18
Motoz Tractionator Rear, Pirelli Front
XRs Only Chain Guide
Jets for both the Rockies and Sea Level included

Cash only...unless you have a '15-'18 Beta XTrainer with a Rekluse & a plate.

$4250 - located in Longview, TX

Last edited:
Re: For Sale: Plated 2005 Honda XR650R

Stock carb? Are the radiator shrouds not symmetrical or is that an optical contusion?

Always wanted one of these with sumo wheels...could happen yet!

Stock carb. Works great for me.

I see what you mean after I look at the photos again. They fit well. The right shroud has some nicks in it. Tried to capture with photos.

Right radiator is slightly deformed from previous owner get-offs. No leaks, so I've left it for the 5 years I've owned the bike.

Last edited:

The shrouds are not symmetrical from the factory. The tanks aren't symmetrical either. Good looking bike. I have the stock carb on mine too. It's been sitting for a month, started on the first kick last night. I keep kicking myself for not buying one sooner. Thinking about buying a spare.

That thing is beautiful. wish I could. GLWS.

I've been wondering if my 160lbs can kick one of those over. That, and a ride, are likely the only things standing between me and xr650r ownership.

I've been wondering if my 160lbs can kick one of those over. That, and a ride, are likely the only things standing between me and xr650r ownership.
Yes. They start really easy. Don't make me post the video of me starting mine in Crocks again [emoji12]

Too late :lol2:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGFN5Oz7MRo"]XR650R Cold Start - YouTube[/ame]

The shrouds are not symmetrical from the factory. The tanks aren't symmetrical either. Good looking bike. I have the stock carb on mine too. It's been sitting for a month, started on the first kick last night. I keep kicking myself for not buying one sooner. Thinking about buying a spare.

i thought of you when i saw this thread . what year is yours?

ok, i see 01' in your signature

Last edited:

so much want... just cant swing it at this moment.

bump for seller

What do you think it weighs with 1/2 tank of fuel> I rode a 650L it seemed not light, neither am I though.

Back