• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Headlight Dimensions

Reaction score
First Name
Kim
I am working (ok, the husband is working) on putting Aprilia RS250 race bodywork on my Ninja 250 and we were looking for some headlights that might fit it since there isn't one installed. My goal was to have a mutt bike...a part from this maker, a part from that maker, etc. While an RS50/125/250 headlight would probably be the easiest to install, and we know it would fit, I was thinking I need something cooler.

So, does anyone have the measurements of a Ducati 748, 916, 996, or 998 headlight?

93_1_b.jpg

I haven't found anyone that will tell me what the SV650S dimensions are.

I've already nixed the YZF600, F4, and any of the CBR headlights, they are all too wide :-(

I will get the dimensions of the fairing (I think 12 - 12.5" is as wide as we can go) and post them to help, but ideas are also welcome!

:-D

Kim

Just an update, found out the Daytona 955i headlight won't work, poop!

Ah well...on to other headlights!

Anyone have the dimensions for the headlight on their bike??

:-D

Kim

What about using something like PIAA lights? Or some other brand? Make a fog light your low beam and a driving light your high. That is what many custom body bike people do. You can get those kinds of lights in all different sizes and shapes.

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
What about using something like PIAA lights? Or some other brand? Make a fog light your low beam and a driving light your high. That is what many custom body bike people do. You can get those kinds of lights in all different sizes and shapes.

Adios,

Verrrrrrrry creative Tourmeister....I like your thinking ;-)

Kim

(I didn't even think of that!)

wonder91178 said:
Tourmeister said:

Adios,

Verrrrrrrry creative Tourmeister....I like your thinking ;-)

Kim

(I didn't even think of that!)
Ooooh yea, streetfighter Ninja 250, that would be pretty cool. Ultimate play-bike....

Mine's actually going to be like this...

post-59-10972465000.jpg

Minus the decals...painted that Dodge Ram Deep Amethyst Pearl :-D

Kim

(Although I know of another Ninja 250 for sale $900 obo that I thought about getting.)

I don't see why it wouldn't, you would just need to build a panel around any opening left over (assuming there is) It might be kinda interesting to make it out of metal mesh, something like the look of the screen headlight covers they have for R1's and bikes like that.

OBTW...The LEFT (as in one only) headlight of an'03 SV650S is:
outside edge - 3"
top edge - 8"
bottom edge - 9-3/4"
inside edge - 5-1/2"

txmedic said:
Buell XB9S headlights are popular streetfighter conversions. Only like $60 and you could recess it into the fairing:
$60? that's it? Dealer price? If so, I'm sold. How do they mount? They look pretty sweet on that B6. Powerbronze has something similar, but they cost $200:
http://streetfighters-usa.com/store/product2832.html

I have to come up with something on the Trumpet before inspection; the lights on it now aren't legal.

Join up at Maximum-Suzuki.com and search for it. Several have done it. The fabricate the brackets, but its not hard. Here is the jist of it:
buellupperbracket.JPG

buelllowerbracket.JPG

Back