TWT Forums  

 


Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Upcoming Ride/Trips

Notices

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
dohertycm
 
dohertycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Irving
Posts: 206
North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

So this is the date for our next ride.
This will be an easy run on good gravel roads west of the DFW area. I have a route, but would like to modify it a bit to stop in Muenster for lunch and possibly someplace else. I will keep you posted and get the route posted as soon as I have it worked out.
__________________
Its not an adventure unless there are challenges involved! - Chris Doherty
-----------------------
2014 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2006 Triumph Speedmaster
2009 Honda CRF230M..converted to an L
1999 Honda XR80
dohertycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Thrasherg
Forum Supporter
 
Thrasherg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 2,728
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Looking forward to seeing it. Many thanks for putting this together.

Gary
__________________
03 GL1800 Goldwing (Mine)
04 VT750 Aero (Wife's)
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF450X (for visitors - 2 off!!)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
00 XR200 (Daughter #1)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
TecChrstn
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Haslet, Texas
Posts: 19
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Sounds like fun! Can't wait.
TecChrstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
jlacy
 
jlacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ponder
Posts: 7
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Not sure what your route plan is but there is a neat little place at 33°25'50.43"N 97°22'58.91"W on CR 398 I try to hit when I ride up that way.
Kind of a rock crossing and cliff cave thing right on the road. If it has been wet it will have some water crossing it.
Usually hit 397/398/353 - all dirt on the way back from Munster.

I may be in the land down under that week but if not I will be sure to join up with you guys as last month was a lot of fun.

Jon
jlacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #5
dohertycm
 
dohertycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Irving
Posts: 206
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Here is the route for the October 22...

Its called the Muenster Run.... Because I think we are going to stop in Muenster and grab some good German Food!

144 miles.... Should be easy back roads...I have not planned on any water crossings or difficult trails.. Just back county roads and German food.

It should not be hot, It should be a nice October day.

Come and join me...

I will review the route in the coming weeks...and I will modify and update as I always do.

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: gpx MuensterRun (1).gpx (216.7 KB, 100 views)
__________________
Its not an adventure unless there are challenges involved! - Chris Doherty
-----------------------
2014 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2006 Triumph Speedmaster
2009 Honda CRF230M..converted to an L
1999 Honda XR80
dohertycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Lightninss
 
Lightninss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sachse Tx
Posts: 7
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

I will be there, if I can get my base camp working.
Lightninss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:48 PM   #7
Lightninss
 
Lightninss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sachse Tx
Posts: 7
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Was able to get base camp working.
__________________
2016 Super Tenere ES
2012 HD Ultra Limited
1949 HD FL
1939 HD WLDD
Lightninss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
Peachykeen
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Arlington,TX
Posts: 2
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Sounds like a great ride would like to tag along if it is ok.




Pete
Peachykeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #9
Thrasherg
Forum Supporter
 
Thrasherg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 2,728
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachykeen View Post
Sounds like a great ride would like to tag along if it is ok.




Pete
The more the merrier!! everyone is welcome on the ride.. Just be prepared for an early start, Chris likes to be on the road by 8:00am!!

Gary
__________________
03 GL1800 Goldwing (Mine)
04 VT750 Aero (Wife's)
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF450X (for visitors - 2 off!!)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
00 XR200 (Daughter #1)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #10
Peachykeen
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Arlington,TX
Posts: 2
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Gary,



Many thanks. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Pete
Peachykeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #11
dohertycm
 
dohertycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Irving
Posts: 206
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Ok guys... We are coming up on a week out from the ride.

Start letting me know who is going so I can have an idea on how many we will have.

I am looking forward to having a nice German Lunch in Munester!

Chris
__________________
Its not an adventure unless there are challenges involved! - Chris Doherty
-----------------------
2014 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2006 Triumph Speedmaster
2009 Honda CRF230M..converted to an L
1999 Honda XR80
dohertycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #12
Thrasherg
Forum Supporter
 
Thrasherg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 2,728
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Chris, it will just be me this time, Sylvie is recovering from her leg operation, Rebecca has things to do for school and Dan is not yet ready to ride!!

Gary
__________________
03 GL1800 Goldwing (Mine)
04 VT750 Aero (Wife's)
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF450X (for visitors - 2 off!!)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
00 XR200 (Daughter #1)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:08 AM   #13
dconley
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 1
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

I'm new here, and I'm mostly a lurker. But yall are heading out into my backyard, so i'll try to tag a long!

Dane
dconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #14
Thrasherg
Forum Supporter
 
Thrasherg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 2,728
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dconley View Post
I'm new here, and I'm mostly a lurker. But yall are heading out into my backyard, so i'll try to tag a long!

Dane
Look forward to seeing you.

Gary
__________________
03 GL1800 Goldwing (Mine)
04 VT750 Aero (Wife's)
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF450X (for visitors - 2 off!!)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
00 XR200 (Daughter #1)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:40 PM   #15
Bandit33
 
Bandit33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Coppell, Texas
Posts: 358
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Might be interested in this ride, have ridden a lot up in that area....having trouble actually opening your file, ( I think my adobe reader is messed up ). Can anyone tell me where this ride actually starts; ...until I get my adobe reader reinstalled?

Thanks

Don
__________________
2003 Suz. DL1000
2005 Suz. DR650se
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2014 KTM 690 Enduro
Bandit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #16
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,347
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dconley View Post
I'm new here, and I'm mostly a lurker. But yall are heading out into my backyard, so i'll try to tag a long!

Dane
Welcome to the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit33 View Post
Might be interested in this ride, have ridden a lot up in that area....having trouble actually opening your file, ( I think my adobe reader is messed up ). Can anyone tell me where this ride actually starts; ...until I get my adobe reader reinstalled?

Thanks

Don
Does Adobe reader open GPX files?
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #17
Bandit33
 
Bandit33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Coppell, Texas
Posts: 358
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Well, maybe not,....maybe that is the problem! In any event, can't open the file.

Don
__________________
2003 Suz. DL1000
2005 Suz. DR650se
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2014 KTM 690 Enduro
Bandit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #18
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,347
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit33 View Post
Well, maybe not,....maybe that is the problem! In any event, can't open the file.

Don


If you have Google Earth installed, that will open it. I think you might also be able to view it in Google Maps if you have an account.

These look like they will do it for free,

http://maplorer.com/view_gpx.html

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

http://gpxviewer.1bestlink.net/

http://www.mygpsfiles.com/app/
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #19
CleatusJ
 
CleatusJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: granbury,tx
Posts: 1,075
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

I import the file into google maps to view and then transfer to phone.
CleatusJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #20
Bandit33
 
Bandit33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Coppell, Texas
Posts: 358
Re: North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

I remembered I have Garmin basecamp. I now have the route....looks like the ride starts just east of I35 E on 380 in Denton. Thanks for the help.

Don
__________________
2003 Suz. DL1000
2005 Suz. DR650se
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2014 KTM 690 Enduro
Bandit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Upcoming Ride/Trips

Notices


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Lightninss
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Rights Reserved, Scott Friday 2003-12.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.18215 seconds with 11 queries