• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NEWBIE DUAL SPORT RIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
A NEWBIE DUAL SPORT ADVENTURE

Dual Sport riding is a growing sport with more and more newcomers joining in each year. As a long time rider and promoter of DS events, I have seen a need for a new DS rider to get his or her feet wet (no pun intended) in an unpressured way. I’m offering to a group of 6 an opportunity to be introduced to the sport by being led on a quality dual sport ride that is 150 miles long or less, depending on what the group wants. Of this 150 miles, only 25 miles will be paved, and each participant will have a chance to lead the group. If you are a more experienced rider, you may also ride this ride, and will not be disappointed.

You will be introduced to:

1. Roll chart and how to use it
2. GPS route and following it
3. Things you can do to set up your motorcycle
4. Reading the terrain
5. Group etiquette
6. Personal tips on your riding skills

The ride will be paced at the comfort level of the group, with no need for speed.
Introductory price for this entry level class will be $65, which will include T-shirt, paper rollchart and GPS file.
Ride date is Saturday, March 25th starting from Alvarado Tx. @ 8:30am.

Sign up at dualsportuniverse.com. This is the same event page as the 3rd annual Texas Redneck Ramble May 6th and 7th, 2017 event.
For more details on either event contact me at: littlegeneral54@juno.com

I hope this takes off, it sounds like a great idea. Hopefully you might offer more experienced course's later on. Bets of luck with this endeavor.

Gary

Thrasherg, thanks.....This is a need, and since I love the motorcycle community so much I want to introduce it to more people. I already have riders sending in their PayPal fees to join in. Pretty much any ride skill set would enjoy the ride that I have for my newbie riders. At my annual TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE dual sport ride we offer ride leaders to the per-entrys that want one. As in the pass we have a group for the beginners and we put a leader both up front and on the rear. This years Ramble starts in Glenrose Tx and is 186 miles with 106 miles unpaved. (May 6th and 7th )
Both the Ramble and the Newbie ride can be signed up for at dualsportuniverse.com. REL

Last edited:
Many thanks, just signed the wife and I up again for this years ramble!! Was hoping my daughter could join us, but she has exams on the 9, 10 & 11th May so needs the weekend to revise!! At least I don't need a dog sitter now!! ;-)

Gary

Well fellow riders..I still have room for one more rider in the Newbie Dual Sport ride....come on out for a great time.

The first NEWBIE DUAL SPORT RIDE is full and the next class will be on April 15th. Sign up at dualsportuniverse.com today. And don't forget to sign up for the 3rd annual TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE DUAL SPORT RIDE at the same site.

Fellow riders...I don't know if you heard or not but I canceled the second Newbie ride class because of a really hard crash I had on my KTM350sx motor-crosser. I have a few broken bones that need to heal before I have another class. The TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE will be May 6th and 7th, I have two novice groups with leaders to lead you and help you get through the day. If you have any questions please let me know. You can sign up for it at dualsportuniverse.com. Thanks Robert

This sure sounds like something that would help me pick up a pointer or two. Will this be offered on the September 30 TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE DUAL SPORT RIDE in Jacksboro?

Dont forget we do a dual sport ride every month up here in the DFW area. This month will be on the 19th. Newbies are welcome, we all support each other and there is usually a variety of terrains to deal with. Join us. You dont have to wait a year for the ramble to do this with a group.

NWKLR, At the second Texas Redneck Ramble of 2017 we will have 3 groups of novices that will be led by a leader that will pace to meet your safe and fun riding speed. As for the Newbie classes that I offered, I plan to offer those again this fall. Come join us at the Sept 30th/ Oct 1st Ramble for fun and games on motorcycles, then a 150 mile ride. REL/ Little General

Back