• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD -- 2005 Honda 250x

Reaction score
$2000

Got a new bike and this lovely girl has to go. I have to admit this is kind of tough for me because this 250x was my reintroduction to dirt riding and she never let me down.

I'm hoping someone else can enjoy her because I rarely ride her now that I drank the Orange Koolaid. I live in Leander just north of Austin.

Here are the particulars:

2005 250x
Seat Concepts seat - made a world of difference for me.
Larger radiators and radiator guards - Kept her cool at Hidden Falls.
Larger pegs
Fork Savers and bleeder valves
Almost new Dunlop tires
Title - I have it but its not in my name.
Owners Manual - Super helpful for service.

I took really good care of this bike (oil and filter changes after every few rides) and I'm kind of a slow rider so I never abused her. Had the valves checked last Summer and they were fine and didn't need adjusting.

Sorry about the pic orientation. No idea why my pics are getting flipped. Let me know if you have any questions!

IMG_9491.jpg

IMG_9497.jpeg

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9493.jpg

IMG_9492.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2005 Honda 250x

So you are the guy that's going to ride the 1190 at HF? Mad skills!!
GLWS. I'll pass the info to a couple of friends.

So you are the guy that's going to ride the 1190 at HF? Mad skills!!
GLWS. I'll pass the info to a couple of friends.

Ha! No mad skills here at all. I've taken the 1090 to HF and was surprised at how well it did. I stuck to the simpler trails and it did just fine. Took it up Wild Cat mountain as well. Truth is the bike did all the work and I was lucky not to drop it.

Thanks for passing the info on to your friends. Really appreciate it.

I had a (plated) CRF250X and I loved it... Rode it in Utah a couple of times and I must admit that the bike was a lot more capable on that terrain than I was as a rider! Sold it to get something that was more dual-sports oriented (i.e., wr250r) but I miss the Honda. Solid bike with great engineering! Good luck with the sale!

I had a (plated) CRF250X and I loved it... Rode it in Utah a couple of times and I must admit that the bike was a lot more capable on that terrain than I was as a rider! Sold it to get something that was more dual-sports oriented (i.e., wr250r) but I miss the Honda. Solid bike with great engineering! Good luck with the sale!

Thanks. It is a really well built bike and the suspension is very good for a low cost trail bike.

Funny thing is I just bought a used wr250r for the same reason you did. I wanted dual sport and fuel injection to hold me over until the revamped 2019 690 Enduro R comes out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. It is a really well built bike and the suspension is very good for a low cost trail bike.

Funny thing is I just bought a used wr250r for the same reason you did. I wanted dual sport and fuel injection to hold me over until the revamped 2019 690 Enduro R comes out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both are great bikes - the Honda is more competition oriented, and has better suspension. The wr250r is more versatile for dual sport duty.

Back