• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Indian

120 horsepower, 500 pounds, amazing looks (obviously subjective), and priced far more competitively than I expected it would be. This has all the makings of a really cool bike. I bet it sells really well.

120 horsepower, 500 pounds, amazing looks (obviously subjective), and priced far more competitively than I expected it would be. This has all the makings of a really cool bike. I bet it sells really well.

If the 120hp is true that will be a heck of a bike.

Pricing and power for the S model is directly in line with the base Monster 1200 which is pretty impressive. I like it!!

Polaris continues to evolve. Looks like a superb design to me. These will sell in a very competitive market.

Looks similar to the bikes Travis Pastrana used for his LasVegas jumps.

Attachments

• 67af1e88-travis-pastrana-evel-knievel-jumps-.jpg
    67af1e88-travis-pastrana-evel-knievel-jumps-.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 164
I agree 100% with everything said above. Looks great. Great specs and a competive price too. I don't need but I sure do want.

Rob, really? And you were just getting known as Dirty Rob too. :lol2:

Wonder how the fenders will work in the wet? Looks like engine will catch it in front and possibly rider in back. Good range for fuel tank. Like to see her in spokes.

Also looks like it has flat track potential.

I agree 100% with everything said above. Looks great. Great specs and a competive price too. I don't need but I sure do want.

Rob, really? And you were just getting known as Dirty Rob too. :lol2:

I'm already bipolar.

Attachments

• 20106268_10214140750572217_2307955760530180415_n.jpg
    20106268_10214140750572217_2307955760530180415_n.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 132
Polaris continues to evolve. Looks like a superb design to me. These will sell in a very competitive market.

2000000002.jpg

Perhaps a little Italian influence in there ,eh paisan?

Without all the curves
sophia_loren.jpg

Last edited:
Oh great another bike I can’t afford.
At least its a way of getting another chance at picking up a “Harley XR1200X like” flat tracker, you may have missed the first time around.

That FTR is Sophie except that exhaust is like a big ole pimple in the middle of her face.

Oh great another bike I can’t afford.

At least its a way of getting another chance at picking up a “Harley XR1200X like” flat tracker, you may have missed the first time around.

Funny you say that. My first thought when I saw the production version of the Indian (and the specs) was, “This looks like the bike I wished the XR1200 was”.

That FTR is Sophie except that exhaust is like a big ole pimple in the middle of her face.

I think that about almost every factory exhaust. Emissions and noise standards really handcuff designers in that area.

It's a sweet looking bike, definitely a fun play bike

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It'll be hours before some aftermarket guy comes up with a fix for that exhaust, if someone hasn't done it already.
I'm sure it's already done. Most aftermarket companies get plans or a bike early to make parts for it. You know roland sands has to have one by now.

I'm sure it's already done. Most aftermarket companies get plans or a bike early to make parts for it. You know roland sands has to have one by now.

And this is why auto and bike manufacturers are missing the boat.

They offer a bike to the general public, the public buys it and then spends thousands on farkles. Why would are these manufacturers leaving that money on the table?

Automakers have started moving that direction, though with decent looking wheels and good sounding stereos. Those two were the first things a new owner "fixed".

The MC industry would be in a better place if they designed a better saddle, plug and play electric gadgets and ergonomics for the target audience. Granted, some movement this direction is in play. But the industry is lining the pockets of an aftermarket industry.

Another example is the liquid cooled dirt bike I just purchased. The cases and radiators are vulnerable to falls. It's a dirt bike ... I will fall. Why not include some sort of case saver cover and bracing around the radiators and add a couple hundred to the price instead of giving that revenue to the aftermarket? :headbang:

BTW ... I think the triple exhaust looks bad-*** as does Ms. Loren's ... hair.

Last edited:
And this is why auto and bike manufacturers are missing the boat.

They offer a bike to the general public, the public buys it and then spends thousands on farkles. Why would are these manufacturers leaving that money on the table?

Automakers have started moving that direction, though with decent looking wheels and good sounding stereos. Those two were the first things a new owner "fixed".

The MC industry would be in a better place if they designed a better saddle, plug and play electric gadgets and ergonomics for the target audience. Granted, some movement this direction is in play. But the industry is lining the pockets of an aftermarket industry.

Another example is the liquid cooled dirt bike I just purchased. The cases and radiators are vulnerable to falls. It's a dirt bike ... I will fall. Why not include some sort of case saver cover and bracing around the radiators and add a couple hundred to the price instead of giving that revenue to the aftermarket? :headbang:

BTW ... I think the triple exhaust looks bad-*** as does Ms. Loren's ... hair.

I think alot of manufacturers chose to support the aftermarket. Some people chose their vehicles based on what they can add, not what comes from the factory.

As for the dirtbike, that's them supporting their dealers. Creating a need for repairs and parts.

I think alot of manufacturers chose to support the aftermarket. Some people chose their vehicles based on what they can add, not what comes from the factory.

As for the dirtbike, that's them supporting their dealers. Creating a need for repairs and parts.

^^^ Can't be all things to all buyers.

HD got into some trouble not too long ago for offering aftermarket performance parts that effectively disqualified their fleet from an emissions standpoint, so an aftermarket provider can sell a product that the manufacturer can't. Makes you wonder how many companies quietly own some stock in their aftermarket suppliers.

Back