• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Utah, Colorado, Home

..I only saw four other riders on the way home. All on Harleys. All without any gear at all. I don't know how they do it. I was fully geared with the visor and vents closed.

You were lucky to see four. Today it took me over 300 miles to see a single rider. Started in Tucson and finally saw a sportbike outside El Centro. Only two more before I reached cooler mountain temps. Peak temp of the day was Octotillo. My display showed 124 but thats air intake temp so ambient air was probably 118-120. 15 minutes later with 3,000 ft elevation climb temp dropped 10 degrees.

I was fine with the heat and would do it again in a heartbeat. Enjoyable 500+ mile day to So Cal. I can acclimate from Denali to Death Valley. Had full gear, used vents for swamp cooling and hydrated plenty.

I wonder how Dr food is doing?

Sorry for not responding before now. Been very busy with convention set-up since arriving in Las Vegas last night.

We made it safely to LV. :rider: Thanks for everyone asking. Will start a ride report tomorrow.

Have a couple of questions that will be part of the ride report...so anyone with advice please respond. 1 is a chain question and 1 is a tire life question. More to come on Sunday afternoon.

Good to hear from you. We were getting concerned.

Yes, you have to lube the chain.
Yes, the chain stretches.
Yes, tires wear out. Even more so on uber hot pavement.

Hope these well thought-out answers are helpful. :trust:

Thanks for being concerned. Well, when you're in the middle of a cell free zone (GCNP only has verizon and we are T-Mo and ATT) so we couldn't post anything. Heck it was REALLY REALLY nice not to get any outside communication while communing with the beauty of the canyon.

Yes, the chain was lubed
Yes, the chain stretched and is acting weird
Yes, it seemed the heat is melting tires vs wearing them. Mine (Michelin PR4 Trails) especially.

Will get to the start of the ride report this afternoon after getting done with convention set-up over at the Sands Convention center.

Such fun is being had by all.

Made it home this evening around 7:30 PM. Both bikes and riders made it safe and sound. Will begin a trip report once I get 3 weeks of crap handled around the house and at work. Plus I have to clean up the photos in LightRoom.

Thanks for everyone's support and interest in the ride. One photo to tempt your tummy to read the ride report.

DSC00379-S.jpg

Back