• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
Reaction score
Had a KLR 650 for a while when I was in training in Phoenix, AZ but sold it when my beautiful baby girl was born. I spend my free time with my wonderful wife and daughter doing stuff outside like camping and working in the yard.

Can I run 20W-50 in a Guzzi 8v motor that specs 10W-60?

Oh, and welcome!

I was kidding. I get that one all the time when I tell people I ride an Aprilia. Either that or, never heard of it. Again, welcome and I hope to meet you at a gathering sometime.

Can I run 20W-50 in a Guzzi 8v motor that specs 10W-60?

Oh, and welcome!

Safest bet is to always run what the engineers designed this motor to use. But, in the hotter part of the year a little extra protection from the heavier oil won't hurt. Just don't run it in the cooler temps. It could, over time, cause top end damage.

Welcome to the site!

So, next wrench day at your house???

My wife's cousin is a master mechanic at one of the BMW dealerships in the Dallas/FTW area, at family gatherings, he won't even talk bikes. Seems that after all these years, he simply leaves work at work. Oh well.

Wayne

My name is Zac. Currently I am a Triumph, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and KTM technician here in north Texas.

Well, with those credentials, I'm guessing you work at RPM (or should). That's where I take my Aprilia...good shop. Mine is a 04 RSVR Factory. I told Alexandro he needed to add BMW. Then I could get both of mine serviced there.

Well, with those credentials, I'm guessing you work at RPM (or should). That's where I take my Aprilia...good shop. Mine is a 04 RSVR Factory. I told Alexandro he needed to add BMW. Then I could get both of mine serviced there.
Adding BMW would be cool but then we'd have to move again and that part sucks. I do have entry level training in BMW. I went to MMI (05-06) and took the Honda and BMW cirriculum. I've always wanted an old air head, don't know why.

Yes, I do work at RPM. I don't know if theres anything in the forum rules about posting where I work but too late now. Before that I was a tech at Cycle center of Denton. Adding BMW would be cool but then we'd have to move again and that part sucks. I do have entry level training in BMW. I went to MMI (05-06) and took the Honda and BMW cirriculum. I've always wanted an old air head, don't know why.

I used to ride with Randy at CCOD...bought my old 05 ZX10 there. I have not seen or spoken to him in many moons.

My BMW is a 07 R1200S...amazing machine and the only BMW I ever had to have.

I'll be seeing you at RPM soon. My Ape is coming due for a valve adjustment.

Back