• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any of you guys want to ride some challenging trails in AR? Bear Creek Trails...

Reaction score
Bear Creek Trails in Kirby, AR. Free to ride.

Would love to hang out w/ some TWT'ers. Haven't got to meet many of the offroad guys.

I know the trails up there well enough to guide a little group around, makes for a good day of riding.

There are some tough sections, but there's usually a breather section after, so it's still good fun.

I wouldn't recommend anything KLR sized or bigger, and you're gonna have to be a talented rider on anything 650+.

I ride a KDX200 up there and it's about ideal.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

I would be interested as well as one other family member. We have been to a state park out of Mena which was great riding and camping. Is this the same area you are referring to?

When do you plan on going?

This isn't as far as Mena. It's very close to the (now infamous) Albert Pike campground area.

You're probably thinking of Wolf Pen Gap, which is basically Mena.

Bear Creek trails are more single track oriented, and a good bit more challenging than that WPG offers.

There are some nice campgrounds at 'Kirby Landing', in Kirby, AR that offer direct access to the trails.

I'm totally open on the date. I usually go once a month, but would like to go w/ some TWT'ers for a change. I should be available any weekend.

Hmmm, I'm thinking that Bear Creek is where a buddy of mine went this weekend to do some riding. I need to try to make it up there to see it in person. How do you think a relative beginner would do on an XR200? I've taken Rachel to Muenster and through some of the single track there and she loved it. It was slow going, but she had a blast.

Joseph,

I am game. The KLX needs a challenge.

You going the Kirby side or the Daisy side.

DFW warrior, the kirby side is much easier than the Daisy side. If you bring a beginner, you have to start at kirby.

You're probably thinking of Wolf Pen Gap, which is basically Mena.

Bear Creek trails are more single track oriented, and a good bit more challenging than that WPG offers.

That is where we went, we did notice that the trails were wide and there were utility vehicles everwhere. It was also in the late fall and the slippery leaves on the ground hid many bolders and holes. Still had lots of fun.

We would like the more single track oriented trails in Bear Creek. I will check with others to find a good time to go.

Bear Creek Trails in Kirby, AR. Free to ride.

Would love to hang out w/ some TWT'ers. Haven't got to meet many of the offroad guys.

I know the trails up there well enough to guide a little group around, makes for a good day of riding.

There are some tough sections, but there's usually a breather section after, so it's still good fun.

I wouldn't recommend anything KLR sized or bigger, and you're gonna have to be a talented rider on anything 650+.

I ride a KDX200 up there and it's about ideal.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Where is this located exactly?

I may go if during the week of the 20th. We're having some family join us at our get away near Pencil Bluff and will have my wr250r up there. I need to get some off road boots though.

DaJudge was looking for someone to ride with in Arkansas. You might ping him, see if he's listening.

Alright. One or more of you guys are going to Arkansas and riding w me this weekend.

I'd suggest that a few of you volunteer before I volunteer you. :lol2:

But seriously. Bear Creek? WPG? Anybody?

I will be coming up soon and bringing a couple of friends with me. Have not ridden up there off road in years. I see you are doing the Hare Scramble series, do you by chance know the Yothers? They were very active offroaders when I lived up there

They used to be offroad single track trails but not sure you may have to be plated now. Have not lived in AR for a few years so have not kept up with the regs

I did not think so but it has been a few years since I was up there, politicians get wild hairs on occasion and change things

Last time I was up there I was on the FJR headed to Paris, AR and every road I got on that was a state highway was unpaved. I wished I had a dual sport on some of those roads.

Back