• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

F800GS Windscreen and Luggage Rack

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Hughes
I purchased the above based on a review in MC consumer news April 2011.

The luggage rack is real nice and is from SW-Motech. It is small and fits nicely with the Jessie Luggage mounted.

web.jpg

web.jpg

The jury is still out on the Windscreen. Will ride and report this morning. The installation was fiddly and not as solid as I would like. The mirrors would contact the windshield so I did get the mirror extenders as suggested in the article, but now the extender brackets hit the windshield instead. I am still messing with this set up. This is the 18" high version of Technik Vstream.

web.jpg

web.jpg

And the mirror extender pieces.

web.jpg

Ok after a short ride I would say that the windshield is better than stock. No buffeting but it is loud. Sort of messes with my music. Anyway the stock windshield would put the air at about neck high. This one puts the air on the top part of my helmet, about the level of my eyeballs. Seems to work pretty well but is louder than stock.

Hey Bill, do they make a lip or spoiler for the windshied? I noticed quite a difference on my GS with the TouraTech spoiler. You're welcome to come get it and try it on your 800.

01-044-0750-01-lg.jpg

Yes. I'd like to try it. I remember seeing it on your GS. That is a well made piece of hardware. I have this next weekend off. Maybe I'll see you around.

The trip out to the Pacos River went well. The bike did pretty well. Better than I had expected. This one is a keeper. :sun:

Back