• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any Tinkerer's out there mod a GSF1250?

Reaction score
Thought I would come out of lurking and post:)

Hope it's in the right spot...

Been looking around for a way to feasibly attach a ram-air setup on my 1250 Bandit. But little experience with similar bikes. Anybody have any experience chopping things like these?

Seems like it could be summed up in a word.... "difficult".

Here's what I learned modding my VFR to do this.

Find a place up front where you can install the end of the tube and route it inside the fairing to the side of the airbox. It works best if its facing the front, but just being up there where there's high pressure is really enough.

At the airbox it would be nice if there's an airdam to make the air pressurize the box.

Sight unseen, I cannot offer any other advice.

Good luck.

Larry

Sweet mother of mercy I have been so busy with work I forgot about this forum...

:"(

Thanks for the advice! I never thought about running one from up front under the fairing... I'll have to see if theres room for me to safely run a line over the motor/under the tank... That would be really interesting! The bandits usually run out of top end steam, but with some "rammed" air, I think it could make a decent difference!

Check out the old zx11's ram air spot. Right under the headlight. And its not a small tube either. About 3 inches wide and maybe 2 inches tall. Not sure what kind of room is available under the tank, but if you get it working wouldn't have to put in some type of jet kit to handle the higher amount of airflow?
Interesting idea.

Check out the old zx11's ram air spot. Right under the headlight. And its not a small tube either. About 3 inches wide and maybe 2 inches tall. Not sure what kind of room is available under the tank, but if you get it working wouldn't have to put in some type of jet kit to handle the higher amount of airflow?
Interesting idea.

Well, with the extra air I could either hook the O2 Sensor back up and remove the PCIII, or go get it dyno'd, and have a drag racing/top end map made :)

fuel injection is my new favorite thing after my old carb'd bike!

Also, there is not a lot of room under the seat... i could try, but it would most likely be more of a hindrance than anything. :/

Last edited:
I tried this air box mod. Not quite a ram air set up but it did allow a lot more air flow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 152
Back