• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 ET 500; OCT 10,11,12. RUSK Start

Nine bikes departed Rusk KOA @0840 with BADTEX opening track and mtnbikelady & mtnbikemuttley on course to head 'em off at the pass, prob'ly in Garrison.

Attachments

• DSC02967.JPG
    DSC02967.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC02970.JPG
    DSC02970.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC02972.JPG
    DSC02972.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC02974.JPG
    DSC02974.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC02976.JPG
    DSC02976.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 233
Doh! Did I make a bad call in not attending? Of course, karma means my sitting it out will result in good weather. Had I attended the gods of rain would have unleashed their fury.

I took the DR out for a spin this afternoon and when I returned my son said "I'm glad you stayed home for my birthday". So there's karma for ya.

Y'all ride safe and take notes. I'll do my best to keep the rain up north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... Had I attended the gods of rain would have unleashed their fury.

Joe? Izzat you, Joe Btfsplk?

I took the DR out for a spin this afternoon and when I returned my son said "I'm glad you stayed home for my birthday". So there's karma for ya. ...

Dunno if that's Karma-esque but it surely ain't a bad thing.

Rain's just started here, ~20 mi from Rusk KOA.

Little bit of rain here and there. We're sitting in bright sunshine in Colmesneil right now.m

By the radar, the northern group looks socked in.

Fantastic ride yesterday AND today! Just enough rain to make the sand PREMO!

Arrived home safe and sound and mostly dry a little after 4. Had rain from Henderson to GGG, but not heavy. According to Chrissy I arrived home between storms. She said there was heavy thunderstorm activity a before I was home.
buvehybu.jpg

Made it back home. Great ride did the whole loop from the north side.
Thanks to Steve for leading and providing truck and trailer
mtnbikeboy and his wife for providing a support driver.

Looks like y'all had lots of fun. Wish I could have made it out. I didn't really want to get rained on anyway.

Wilderness Rider, what ended up being the trouble with your bike? Have it sorted yet, or did you just replace it? ;-)

The story is grim. It turned out the reason the engine was struggling to turn over was because the bolts had loosened off on the rotor which in turn tore up the stator (or do I have it backwards). Either way, the windings got chewed up and came out in a handfull when the mechanic opened the cover. The parts have been on back order ever since then, and as of last week I was told they still don't have a production date for when they will make more. This is on a 2013 model...Unbeleivable!!! So it sits in my garage, and time marches on. Now you see why I have several of 'em. It takes that many just to keep one under me. I have asked a couple of dealers if they new of an aftermarket rotor/stator assy that would give me more amperage for extra lighting. Surely one exists. I know the bikes they run at the Baja & Dakar have way more lighting than the stock unit could power.

Great suggestion! Thanks for that link Doug. I will have to see whether they think they can use my cores to rework. Or if they may already have one rebuilt and ready to go out. Not sure mine are salvageable. Things got fairly gnawed up in there. Wish I woulda caught it sooner.

Back