• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

anyone interested in review 2015 Triumph Street Triple R X?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

Bought the bike new on March 16th, had it a bit less than two months and now about 1000 miles. Anyone interested in a review?

Bottom line: 4.5 stars out of 5. Stellar and brilliant bike.

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 464
Nice looking bike. What does the X designation mean?

From a earlier review
"Now, for 2015, Triumph has created the new Street Triple Rx, a special version that benefits from a host of updates inspired by the racy Daytona 675R.
Most apparent is a sharp new rear profile, along with Aluminum Silver paint and revised graphics. The color red is also used abundantly by Triumph, on the Street Triple Rx’s wheels and die-cast rear subframe. Further differentiating the new Street Triple Rx are a special seat cowl, decals, a belly pan, and a fly screen. The angular seat, which comes from the Daytona, helps emphasize the bike’s aggressive stance."

From the OEM
"Street RX Special Edition
Street life doesn’t get more stimulating than this. The Street Triple Rx combines aggressive style and devilish good looks to create an extreme, eye-catching machine, borrowing inspiration from its supersports sibling, the Daytona 675R.

The highest-spec variant of our Street Triple R, its unique visual features include a razor-sharp profile and supersports bodywork, with flyscreen and belly pan as standard. The Street Triple Rx is finished with Diablo Red and Matt Aluminium Silver paint work, striking red wheels and fitted with a quickshifter to deliver a ride that lives"

Last edited:
All,

Bought the bike new on March 16th, had it a bit less than two months and now about 1000 miles. Anyone interested in a review?

Bottom line: 4.5 stars out of 5. Stellar and brilliant bike.

Yes please

Yes. This bike has a lot of features I am looking for. Very interested in review. Open to test rides also. ;-)

All,

It also has the Triumph speed shifter besides what was posted. Ok, I have time to post a detailed review in the next couple days. The contrast to my Moto Guzzi V7R is amazing. Both are very competent machines in their own ways.

No dice on test rides of my bike. But there are similar STR bikes at several Triumph dealerships. The STRX however: apparently not many shipped to USA? In my opinion a "deal" since it comes loaded.

This picture shows contrast to my buddy Ed's Ducati Diavel. Very similar color schemes, very different designs, and very similar performance. The Triumph Triple, however, is much smoother than the Ducati, and a lot less expensive.

Ride safe!

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 482
All,

It also has the Triumph speed shifter besides what was posted. Ok, I have time to post a detailed review in the next couple days. The contrast to my Moto Guzzi V7R is amazing. Both are very competent machines in their own ways.

No dice on test rides of my bike. But there are similar STR bikes at several Triumph dealerships. The STRX however: apparently not many shipped to USA? In my opinion a "deal" since it comes loaded.

This picture shows contrast to my buddy Ed's Ducati Diavel. Very similar color schemes, very different designs, and very similar performance. The Triumph Triple, however, is much smoother than the Ducati, and a lot less expensive.

Ride safe!

One of my riding buddies just picked up a new Guzzi V7r from San Antonio and we went on a ride a couple of weeks ago. Sweet bike, but I do like the lines and the triple that Triumph sports. Factory quick shifter is a plus also.

Just messin' with ya on the test ride. I have a Harley also and know how that whole thing goes. ;-)

Ok, here is a review. Who I am matters: 60 years old, mature, live in Houston, bought the Triumph to add to the Moto Guzzi small block. Been interested in a Triumph triple for years.

The bike has a dual personality and style: below 6000 rpm it is ultra smooth, linear, fueling is perfect, razor sharp handling and braking, and turns like a cat after a rat. Above 6000 rpm she is a screamer: the power comes in a rush, with amazing sounds. Cornering is extremely predictable, even at very high speed, and the bike has great clearance.

Geometry is fairly upright, more so than my cafe Guzzi--and easier on the back. Seat height is a bit higher, and I find the bike very comfortable despite a fairly thin seat. The narrow saddle and design encourages getting out over the bike for cornering.

The bike demands respect: throttle control, brake modulation (although the ABS is great and not obtrusive--found out in a huge rain storm couple weeks back). At the same time the Triumph can be ridden in a casual, easy style, ultra-smooth, and relaxing. Unlike the MV Agusta 675 triple I also tested: fueling on the STRX is just perfecto.

Looks are somewhat Klingon battle cruiser: but not bad, but definitely not gorgeous like my Italian air cooled gem. Quality has been superb: no problems. After market farkles are abundant (as opposed to the Guzzi)--I have added tank side pads, a small top tank ring removable bag and just today CRG Arrow bar end mirrors. The only big complaint about the STRX: terrible, semi-adjustable mirrors--finally gave up.

What else? Fun, huge fun! Every ride is a hoot. And I feel it is an extremely safe bike, and supremely fitted for Houston "combat" inner city and freeway rides. Air blast due to the naked style is high: but a good full face helmet helps a lot. Some people turn these bikes into light tourers with added windscreens and bags, and I can see that flexibility.

Would I buy again? Yes, in a heartbeat--absolutely no buyers remorse. One great thing: no discernable "tight" break-in like the Guzzi that literally took several thousand miles to fully synch the transmission. A quirk: the bike has a balky neutral to first--but lightly press shifter, and lightly disengage clutch: snicks right in. I have found no other big quirks like the very charming Guzzi that likes to warm up for several minutes before ready.

That's enough for now. I am open to questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
Back