• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Michelin T63 rear reviews????

thrill-billy85

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
So, has anyone tried the Michelin T63 rear tire??? It looks comparable to the d606, I suppose, and identical to the Michelin Desert race tire. Different carcass?

I like the price, and it looks like it'll offer good road manners, with big lugs that cover a lot.

T63_zpstuym189r.jpg

I have one on DR650. Like it a lot in mud and dirt trail riding, and gravel roads, not so much on the tarmac. To be fair I don't care too much for the pavement to begin with. Only about 500 miles so far so really can't speak to longevity.

As far as its pavement manners, how would you say it rates against conparable tires such as the Dunlop 606

As far as its pavement manners, how would you say it rates against conparable tires such as the Dunlop 606

Much better. Quieter and grips excellent and the best rain DS tire I've tried. It's an FIM tire so not as much knob height new as a 606 but it'll give you same mileage. I've went through 3 or 4 T-63's, try other tires but keep coming back. Great value also.

_

I use the T63 rear a lot. It doesnt have the bite of the 606 off-road but seems to be much quieter on the road. It corners well for me but I do not consider myself to be an aggressive road rider. I get good mileage from it. The front T63 however seems to be narrower than other DOT knobby tires and washes out on sandy dirt roads more frequently. That may not be an issue for many or perhaps other riders have no problems. I still use the front T63 on my DR650.

Additionally, the T63 has strong sidewalls and was designed to carry loads at highway speeds, which is supposed to be one of the key differences between a true off-road knobby tire and a DOT rated knobby. I think the T63 is a great tire and very good value.

Last edited:
I have run the T63 on several of my thumpers. I killed one in 1200 miles on my KLR. those that know me know I am pretty hard on tires. Maybe a notch under SlowOldGuy. I liked how my KLR handled with them on road and worked fairly well off road. Running Pirelli on my G650X now:chug:

I haven't ridden an inch with my new t63, but impressions thus far---

GREAT looking DS tire. I like the big lugs that will offer great protection from rock tears and really protect the carcass better, I think (hope)

Holy heck, this thing is a bear to install. It has muy fuerte sidewalls. Once you get the tire on, however, this is a good thing. I'm willing to bet I could probably run this thing flat, or almost, and still be okay.

I opted for the 130/80-18

Now, the tire that came off was a regular MX non-DOT knobvie. Dunlop or something. It was a 110/100. I'd read the Michelin tires are measured differently, and tend to be on the narrow side. After a side by side, I'd have to agree.

The 130 t63, and 110 MX are almost the same width.
IMG_20150623_195335573_zpsmwtf7v4k.jpg

That said, the roll-out of the t63 is significantly longer. Hard to tell where the sidewall stops, as the transition is a curve (which will help road manners) whearas the mx. Knobbie is not.

IMG_20150623_195237211_zpsmf4475ix.jpg

I'm on my second one on my xrr. Good tire for the price.

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Back