• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trail Tech customer service.

thrill-billy85

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
So I installed a vapor comp on my 525.

This kit has a brass probe that threads into the right radiator. While screwing it in, I noticed it feeling tight, before the head made contact, and seated. I unscrewed it, and inspected for damaged threads, to which there were none. I thought it was hitting the top of the veins in the radiator, and figured I could trim a little of the end off, without damaging the sensor inside.

Well I cut off a bit too much. I installed it anyways, and noticed that same tightness as before. So it was indeed the threads, not the length of the probe. (Insert phallus joke) The sensor will display 222° and 143°. That's it.

Anyways, I called trail tech, and explained I needed a new sensor. I told the lady there was nothing wrong with the one they sent... That is, until I got one of my "ideas".

She explained it was so nice dealing with an honest customer who's willing to admit when they botch something up, she is sending me a new probe, 2-day air, for free.

Buy from trail tech!!!!!!

Sometimes the honesty things works well. Sometimes not so much.

Our house when I lived in Florida took a lightning strike, and the only thing damages was the garage door opener. I found the circuit board that controlled it, found the replacement, and called the company (the entire board was smoked beyond repair). She sent me another one for free. Honesty worked for me there, too.

Good to know they supported you. Thanks for the update.

I have had good luck with Trail Tech as well. I bought a bike that had a Vapor already on it, and they were more than happy to answer my questions, some of which were not covered in the manual. Very quick and nice responses.

They will also replace the screens in their computers at a fair price. I think on my vapor it was $30-40 or something like that.

I'll be ordering a kickstand from them today. Mine broke about 3 hours into or ride this past weekend. My legs are too short to swig them over the rear when I've got my tool kit on the rack, so I normally get up on the bike like you would a horse. Left foot in the stirrup, and then get your leg over. Really sucked not having a stand for the ride.

+1 on the Cyclops LED headlight guys. I called & told them I'd brilliantly managed to blow up one of their bulbs & they sent me a free replacement & made me a deal on the rectifier I'd needed all along.

Not only is there CS really great, but so are their products. I've never had a failure, and never had to return anything. I wish I could say the same thing about the KOSO gauges. I've had to send every single one of those back for some repair and in the end gotten back products that still had intermittent issues.

They're probably the ONLY aftermarket company I'll EVER buy a stator from.

I broke my kickstand on our trip last weekend (boy did we pick the right weekend for that. It was gonna be THIS weekend).

Apparently this is a weak point in KTMs design, and its not because I need to loose 40lbs. Trail tech offers one that is obviously better engineered, and pro-moto billet offers an even nicer one.

I wanted the billet one, but, for the first time in my life, brand loyalty kicked in, and I bought the trailtech

Back