• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

da Bird

Reaction score

My 97 XX. Pretty stock, had the factory header ceramic coated in/out, several exhausts, but usually run the 2 Bros. c/f slipons, Corbin seat, Powerbronze double bubble windscreen, LP full bra (which just dried up & crackedrecently). Just rejetted--incredible power delivery now, but mileage withered from 38-43 to 28-32 (part of this is due to the fact that I can't keep the bike under 85 now no matter what). Just turned her over to 31K. Just stuck on some Pilot Roads--loving them! Need to start looking into new shock & fork rebop, but the FJ1200 & concours require some love also, so no telling when I'll get everything done...
more photos at:
www.pbase.com/v00d00child/inbox

cheers.

chad

Howdy,

:tab The embedded image link at the beginning of your post is not working. The link to the directory at the end of the post is fine. By the way, were you out in the Glen Rose/Stephenville area last weekend? While we were doing the Heart of Texas ride, we stopped for lunch in Stephenville at a Mexican restaurant and there was an XX parked out front. We all parked right next to it and I left a TWT card on the tankbag of the XX.

TM-

Nope, was zipping around Austin/Hill country last weekend. Keep leavin the cards, though, eventually it may be me! Isn't Stephenville area a "hike & a half" for you?

Sorry about the hosed up postings--thx for the fix.

Also, for a fundraiser, how bout some small patches for tankbag/jacket? Sport-touring.net is doing some for 5 ea. I'd throw 10 bucks. Just a thought.

L8r
chad

arcangel said:
Isn't Stephenville area a "hike & a half" for you?

:tab For just a day ride yes. However, for the Hear of Texas ride we were based in Gatesville on the North side of Ft. Hood. Stayed there Friday night, rode all over the place Saturday and stayed there again Saturday night, then rode home on Sunday. Gatesville is about 180 miles from here, a hair farther than Austin proper or heading up to your neck of the metroplex. I have several long time friends that live on the South side of DFW, most of which ride. So we get up there occasionally.

arcangel said:
Also, for a fundraiser, how bout some small patches for tankbag/jacket? Sport-touring.net is doing some for 5 ea. I'd throw 10 bucks. Just a thought.

:tab It's a good though too! I need someone to come up with a good logo graphic for us. I am totally non-artistic. I don't know anyone that does that kind of thing and can't really afford to throw money at a professional to do one for the site. So if you are any good at that kind of thing, or know anyone that is, feel free to submit some ideas. I figure if we can come up with several different concepts, then we can have a vote to see which is the more popular. I've already found a good site that can do shirts, caps, mousepads, coffemugs, etc,...

Back