• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What have you run over and killed??

A christmas tree I ran over in 1975 on my MT250 Elsinore? Lying crossways in the road, it loomed up out of the fog and I didn't have time to stop, just closed my eyes and hung on. Needles went everywhere. But it was already dead, so I guess it doesn't count.:doh:

Kicked a bird once at dusk as I was pointing with my foot to warn the rider behind me. I started to withdrawal my foot when I realized it was a live bird, but it took flight and I caught it with my foot. Not really sure if I killed it or not.
Also 1 raccoon and 1 deer hit and killed for sure.

Demolished a donkey in Iraq with a MRAP. It was either the donkey or swerve and probably roll the **** vehicle. Freaked out my CO who was riding in the TC seat. In the states I hit a goose that took off my passenger side mirror and a very few other woodland critters. I really do try to avoid hitting animals if possible. I've been luck on the bike so far though.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

The biggest thing I've hit so far is between a baby javelina and turkey vulture. The javelina I kill and vulture limped away.

Many birds of different sizes.

Worst was a turkey vulture. Hit it at 80+ just after I passed a car near Eden, TX. As I saw its flight path I ducked hoping it would not hit the screen. Felt a slight bump, lifted my head, screen was still there. Then looked under my right arm - the guys roadkill lunch! Left, blood all over the the boxers cylinder head and cat underneath were the remains of the rest of it. There was a red swirl through the front wheel. Impossible for it to have gone through the wheel.

Several miles further stopped at Coopers for BBQ. Parked it between a brand new Honda ST and shiny Milwaukee Butt Jewelry. The passersby faces were entertaining and horrified. I was expecting to be accosted by PETA!

Up through Walden, CO area the little marmots sit on the side of the road on their hind legs - and decide to cross the road. I lost count of the blimpty blimps that day!

1 ground hog while riding Bigbend area

1 deer, 2 rabbits, 1 snake, 1 squrrial and a black lab that i think may have lived ,, all these hit riding to and fro work on Hamilton Pool road west of Austin .

Got me a rabbit the other morning... If the neighbors dog gets his timing down any better I'm sure we'll meet... I sure would like to do a drive by on that pooch

Got another bird a couple days ago. Those are all I ever hit, but I've hit a bunch of them. This one was a pigeon, or pigeon sized. Came from the right hand grass and thumped my left foot/calf. I remember seeing him do his death spiral in the mirror, and thinking "that sure didn't feel like a 70mph hit." Really just a soft thump that pushed my foot about 6" off the peg.

When I got home I found my headlight covered in cooked on blood. Guess that explains the light hit on my foot. I was too busy watching oncoming traffic to see or feel the hit through the bars.

eta: in my first week of riding I took a bird to the side of the face. Demolished him, but he jammed between my right temple and the open face helmet I was wearing. I couldn't see anything with his poo, feathers, his blood, and I think some of mine too, all in my face. Trying to get stopped on the shoulder without crashing off the road or into another car was terrifying. Full face helmets these days :D

I learned the wonders of a full face helmet or a windshield when I caught a pine cone to the face at 40 mph.

:tab : My old 1150GS was a killing machine! .

I'll back ya up on that one Scott. I have hit a bird or two; total; with other bikes but my 1150GS was a cold blooded serial killer!!!

3 Turkey Vultures
7 - 8 birds of assorted types
2 - 3 Rodents of some type
A number of snakes
1 turtle
Several bunnies
And.... something black and furry on a back road in Tennesse at night. It kind of looked like a minature "Cousin IT" when the PIA's lit it up for a moment.

That would be very, very bad. When I lived in Lubbock, we used to drive a back route to my father-in-law's place outside Plainview. We quit when one of our acquaintances hit a black cow sleeping in the middle of a low spot in the road. Totaled the car and put both of them in the hospital. And that was in a car.

Back