• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Katy area sportbike riders .. let's meet up and make grinz ...

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Dearen
49 year old (juvenile as ever) with 35 years ridin big boiz ...

New Black ZX10-R and no friends who ride Sports .. boo-hoo .. violin music please ...

Ride often out in the countryside .. city people r teaux durn MEAN ...

Like the triangle between Katy, Bastrop and New Braunfels ... mornins naturally are preferred as motors and ole boogerz LIKE cool air and light traffic.

I'm easy, open-minded ... like to ride a a good clip (understatement) and am a BIG believer in the ole sayin ...

"With big horsepower, comes big responsibility".

That does NOT mean I won't stretch ma baby's legs ...

Recently saw 190 on the speedo on 529 just west of the Brazos River Bridge.

email:

sphinx77449@yahoo.com
cell: 281-701-1629
Mike D.

Lezzzzzz do it !!

Howdy :wave:
I might make a morning run up to Texas World Speedway Friday to hang out at the track for a little while before I have to go to work. You're welcome to join me, but I'm no speed demon.

I was thinking about same .... even if I had to go myself. Have looked into the CMRA Licensing requirements and would like to take a peek first had.

I'm pretty sedate MOST of the time as I've found it keeps me alive and those nasty ole dents off my purrty new bikes.

I'd be honored to ride with ya if you go.

You name the place an time and I'll meet ya ...

Mike Dearen
26627 Surrey Park
Katy (Psycho Ranch)

email: sphinx77449@yahoo.com
cell: 281-701-1629

Only need about an hour's notice if you don't mind ridin with an unshaven feller .. for "purrty" I need about TWO hours .... or maybe TWO YEARS LOL ...

Truely ... I LOVE mornin rides .. unless they are towards downtown on a weekday ....

Thanks for the heads up and I hope we can get together ...

Thank you

Okay you boys in the violin section .... you can stop playin now ...:rider:

Welcome!!! I talked to Squeaky and I'll be joining ya'll Friday morning so thats 3, any other takers??

sphinx77449 said:
That does NOT mean I won't stretch ma baby's legs ...

Recently saw 190 on the speedo on 529 just west of the Brazos River Bridge.

Oh yes, it is very flat and straight over that way :trust: ;-)
And also, :welcome:

Thx for the welcome Goober ...

VERY nice sweepers right beforer (East) of said two mile straight through bottom-land right before crossing the river.

Not the safest thing to do ... but then this IS why they build liter sized spots ...

One other vehicle (victim) and had an eye peeled for the wary critter crossin the road ... body armor, new Michelins, bike righty-tighty ....

RELATIVELY safe ?!?!

Cheerz,

Mike:pirate:

GREAT Scott !!! I'm already luvin this !!

And yes sthir Tourmeister .... I'll try to keep the use of "construction and engineering" terms non-existant in my posts. Good work runnin a nice forum Hoss! My congratz and cooperation are yerz ...

Sunday sounds like a gas ....

Told a bud, Coach who rides the most obsene thing I've ever seen on two wheels .. new Wing with trailer, tennis court and a family of migrant workers who live in the Saddlebags and he too is considering a scoot.

Hope it works out ...

Time and place for meet-up please ....

Yer call Squeeky ...

:welcome: to TWT,

I'm usually up in your area on the weekends. My SO Erik "Rainmaker" lives near the mall. Hope to met you sometime & go riding.

Don't let Squeaky fool you ..... she can hang pretty good with us ...... unless she's following you out of a parking lot. :rofl:

Thanks for the addd-vice ....

Come and go with us ... just found out a friend is racing Sunday and he tells me two ole red hot names I will not mention (but world class racers) are supposed to run the Enduro Saturday and who kneauz about Sunday.

REALLY lookin forward to it and seein my bud Bill (from Wild West) is runnin hiz Sazzook Sunday ...

Still yer call Squeeky ... place and time.

I'll FOR SURE be goin that way even if it's solo .... but I'd MUCH rather ride with a world reknowned parking lot survivor ....

I GOTTA here this one from The Source ...

Happy trailz ya'll ... off to install a radar detector..

Snoopster said:
Don't let Squeaky fool you ..... she can hang pretty good with us ...... unless she's following you out of a parking lot. :rofl:

Lets go back to rule #1 - ALWAYS make sure the rider behind you sees you and is turning with you before proceeding! I recall an incident at Carlsbad Caverns... :doh:

I'm not much for riding significantly over the speed limit on public roads. I've done it, didn't like it, with another group. Call me old if you will, but I've always preferred smaller bikes with more corner speed anyway and the best place to use that is on the track. I'm really too sedate for that sort of riding on the streets and highways. Oh, I can ride fast, just don't like to and don't tempt myself either with liter power. I ride an SV650 and consider it more'n enough. Over the last 30 years, I've won 9 club road racing sprint championships, but the track is different, relatively safe.

Yeah, even on the long straight at the track the Strom won't get up much past 115 or so, and at those speeds it didn't feel very stable.

I'll get a notch over the limit here and there, but I'm no road racer.

Back