• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

rider from houston

Reaction score
hi,
im originally from CA so im new to the houston area (i go to school here). so if anyone would like to take me under their wing and show me the good parts of town it would be greatly appreciated! ive been looking for ppl to ride with. heres a pic of my cat:

Welcome to town and to the forum. What area of H-town are you in? It's pretty spread out. If you're on the west side, I'd be willing to try to meet you, show you the area for one of the bike nights or something.

Welcome to H-town!

What type of riding to you enjoy? Being from CA, if you enjoy the twisties you'll have to travel some to get to the decent roads to the west, NW,and NE (though nothing like CA). We do have some folks that get out on regular rides on the weekend.

For the weekend trips, the Texas Hill Country northwest of San Antonio is the best riding in Texas. The best riding in the region can be found in NW Arkansas and southern Missouri.:rider:

Clean looking Cat in the faster blue!:thumb:

I have been in here for a week.. Too bad I go home tomorrow. But I have been working 6a to 6p all week; I did go to Galveston last night (lots of bike) down there..

mistertongue said:
im in the downtown/med center area so all ive been around is heavy traffic. ahahahah

Heavy traffic is the norm in Houston, and if you get out of downtown away from the crazed commuters, out in the suburbs you will need to be mindfull of the cell phone talking, Starbucks drinking, SUV driving soccer moms! I live in Katy, on the west side of town. Give me a shout via PM if you want to scoot around this side of town sometime.

Nearest bike night would likely be Ming's. I can't remember where it is located though... somewhere inside loop 610 on the SW side of town. PM Scratch, he has been there and can give you the details.

Welcome to Texas and the site! :wave:

Tourmeister said:
Nearest bike night would likely be Ming's. I can't remember where it is located though... somewhere inside loop 610 on the SW side of town. PM Scratch, he has been there and can give you the details.

I skip choir rehearsal from time to time and attend this one myself. The location is:

Ming's Cafe
2703 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77006
(713) 529-7788
www.mingscafe.com

Basically located on Montrose Blvd. just north of Westheimer....not at all far from the med center. The Thursday night gathering gets going about 8 pm and lasts until about 10:30. Mostly European bikes, but there are always some of the Asian variety as well. Overall, the group is very friendly and the food is great. Fai, the owner, owns five bikes including a new BMW K1200S, A Ducati 996 Ben Bostrom replica, an R1200C, and a pristine vintage R90S. He's a great guy, too.

Aside from that, welcome to Houston!

Nice kitty, is that an '06? I like the no-decal tank. Too bad it's the slower blue color.;-)

Welcome to Houston.

Back