• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

376c Mounted on R1200GS Adventure

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Well I was finally able to get to mounting the GPS in a more permanent postion. I will try it here for a while and see if I still like it after a good long trip over the easter weekend.

In this photo the gps appears to be hiding the tach a little. This is just the angle from which I took to picture. When you sitting in the saddle it blends nicely (imo) with the contours of the instrument cluster

DSCN0024.0.jpg

I used a cycle gadgets post mount for a 7/8 handled bar. As the windscreen support bar that it is attached to is actually pressed into an oval as opposed to being true round it fit well. 7/8 diam would actually had been too big if not for the shape of this support bar. I wanted the brushed alluminum finish one from cycle gadgets but my storefront only had the black allum one in stock.

DSCN0039.0.jpg

I am still using the Garmin Marine mount that came with the GPS but I do have the Touratech vibration dampner & locking one on order.

My XM Antenna is still velcro'd to the brake fluid cap... this too will change when I ultimatly figure out just where to put this thing. Although I will say that in this position it works well and although I was fearfull that my body would be blocking the signal from time to time this has yet to happen.

DSCN0040.0.jpg

With all of this said, those of you that have the 376c, just where are you putting the XM antenna on your bike.. I am struggling trying to find this hockey puck a home.

Thanks,
Duke

:tab Dyna Sport runs his 276 on his KTM, the mother of all shakers... My 60cs would not stay on when running on batteries on that bike, but wired and plugged in, either unit works just fine on the thumpers. That GS is a real smoothie in comparison and unless you plan on doing some really rough unpaved riding, I would not be too concerned about the vibration dampening mount. In fact, it may make it harder to read the unit because it lets it move aound a bit more.

Back