• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki GSX1250FA rider from Sydney, Australia

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Theo (Theov39) in Sydney, Australia and I have been following this forum for about six months now and finally got a Suzuki GSX1250FA in silver, 2010 model.

I have been riding Suzukis since I was 17. The first one I bought was a second hand GT185 for $600. The bike shop owner took me to a quiet backstreet and taught me to ride in a couple of hours.

A bit later I popped down to the local police station, did a lap of the block while an officer waited on the kerb and got my licence! How times have changed!

After that I bought a Suzuki GS650E which no one ever seems to talk about but it was a great bike and really taught me a lot. Rode that for a few years and then I got a Suzuki GSX1100E which was a great bike but unfortunately got stolen. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it was a great bike

In fact, having that bike really inspired me to get the Suzuki GSX1250FA in silver. In some ways it seems to be the direct descendant of that bike, although the handling is obviously much better. I'm amazed the prices second hand GSX1100s go for these days!

BTW, I visited Dallas in 2007 and loved it. Too bad I didn't have an opportunity to ride there though.

Current bike: Suzuki GSX1250FA.

Previous bikes: Suzuki GSX1100E, Suzuki GS650E, Suzuki GT185

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Maybe an alarm system for your new ride? Keep the shiny side up an post a pix of your ride.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I think we have enough "down under" folks on the forum because of the Bandits that we may have to start a TWT Down Under group... :lol2:

Back