• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Something New

ntklr650

Matt6:34
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
This is a nice step forward for BMW and the dual sport crowed.
http://m.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bike/adventure/g310gs/g310gs_overview.html?ref=desktop

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
67b626a08420f3e7334cc1b661a8ba99.jpg

Sorry but I wouldn’t call any thing with delicate cast wheels, street tires or a fender that close to the front street tire “dual sport”
Unless you consider going between Starbucks and Trader Joe’s dual sporting. [emoji38]

Looks like a fun ride.

I want a Macchiato now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, you got a good point there. I'm sure you could still buy a few used klr's for the cost of one so I'm still out on BMW's as always.

Besides wheels and fender, 34hp and 375 POUNDS, hmmmm. No

My GS rider friend pointed out that I did not state which "two sports" this bike was good for.
So maybe I should
1. BMW GS club rides on a budget....(@ the dealership for all you can eat pancakes)
2. Interurban adventure rides to the farmers market.

Last edited:
Even for today's standards 34hp is pretty weak from a single cylinder. I'm pretty sure an old tech DRZ400 makes more than that.

That's about the same hp as my klr and not near as good looking. [emoji41][emoji41]

Sounds like a pig to me. No fun to ride above 55 for any period of time, impossible to take on any trail. Great little around town and quick run bike, but useless for anything else. Perfect for a beginner who wants to look cool because they ride a BMW and not some "jap crap".

For comparison, my CRF250x weighs just over 250 with it's 1.9 gallon tank full of fuel. I just can't imagine this bike being a whole lot of fun.

Back